26

Yvette Lewis
Same day...

"It's cold as fuck" I mumbled as I got out of my car. I looked over the field seeing Paris's car making me walk to it.

I looked at the side of her car that was all scarped up before getting in. I looked over at her as she stared forward.

"You wanna talk about it" I asked. I unzipped my jacket since her heat was on.

"It's okay if you don't" I said.

"Mentally I'm not in a good space right now" she said lowly. It be the ones that's there for everyone and always look happy that going through some shit.

"My mom's death date is next week. Plus my birthday is the day after" she said as she wiped her eyes.

"My mom's death date just passed" I said lowly. My little brother and sister's did too.

"How did she die" Paris asked.

"House fire. My little sister was sick and my brother was suspended, so I was the only one who went to school that day......yeah you know the rest" I said making her nod.

"You got any other family" she asked.

"My dad died before I was born. My granny just died last year" I said. Damn Imma lonely bitch.

"Sorry" she said lowly.

"Nah you good" I reassured. It got quiet in the car before Paris cleared her throat.

"Um mine got kilt in front of me" she said making me look at her.

"He shot her and I could've help her. I didn't know how to. Nobody even came out to see what happened, so I had to sit there and watch her die" she said with watery eyes.

"I went to see her today and I don't know what happened, but all this just hit me at once. I wanted to die. I got in my car and I drove. Once I got here the perfect idea of me dying ran through my head and I was gonna do it. I was so fucking close to finishing this shit, but I didn't" she said as she cried.

I sat back and let her talk. Sometimes all people want is someone to sit there and listen them.

"I couldn't finish. My siblings going through shit and I can't just quit on them. Especially my sister. She needs me" she said more of too herself.

"You needa to talk to your family and let them know what's going on. You can't just keep bottling that in. I'm speaking from experience" I said.

I done tried to kill myself so many times as a teen. I eventually gave up on it. Used to be mad as hell when I woke up still alive.

"Do you still cut" she asked making me freeze.

HOW THE FAWK SHE KNEW???

"I saw your arm a couple months back at work and after that you wore long sleeves for a long time" she said.

"Umm I'll be right back" I said before pulling the door handle, but it was locked.

"I'm not gon tell no one" she said making me sigh.

"I use to cut like two years ago then when my granny died I started again, but I haven't did it since January" I said before lifting my sleeves up.