Untitled Part 18

Jisung lay on his bed, smushed over to the edge as Chenle took up most of the other side of the bed, limps splayed out and tired yawns slipping from their mouths in a consecutive manner. A series of random blankets were draped over the duo and Jisung let out a sigh, turning his head to look over at Chenle. 

"I'm bored," he said and Chenle let out a noise of agreement, opening his closed eyes to stare up at the ceiling. It had been around an hour since Chenle had dramatically burst into his room, declaring that his exams had just finished before the winter break. 

"I'm bored too, I feel like we should celebrate or something," the black-haired boy declared in a soft-toned matter, turning his gaze to look over at Jisung with a small smile. "Wanna go out and do something?" 

Jisung pondered it for a moment before shrugging and nodding. "Yeah, got anything in mind?"

At the question, Chenle rolled over on his side, shifting closer to Jisung and burrowing into the blankets covering the two of them. Jisung raised his eyebrows in expectancy, ignoring the bubbly feeling in his chest at the thought that he was getting to become really good friends with the other boy -- now they could hang out like this. It wasn't awkward, even with the lingering thoughts of Mark's investigation.

His "date night" (as Donghyuck had been teasing him about) with Mark hadn't revealed much despite the new information that Mark was investigating the house. The older had been having trouble recently and it was getting harder and harder to search out strange happenings, almost as if the house itself was trying to avoid the ex-journalist. And, even if Jisung was curious about what was going on in the house, he still felt a bit strange that the older boy was suspicious of the other boy's in the house, especially since he liked them -- regardless of their weird nature. 

"The movies?" Chenle prompted and Jisung pushed his thoughts to the side, nodding at the idea. It had been a while since he had been to the movies. "We could see that new Marvel movie that came out, Spider-Man Homecoming?"

At the suggestion Jisung sprung up, startling the older boy as he pumped his fist into the air. "Let's go! Let's go let's go let's go," he began to chat as he flung the covers off of himself, walking over with strange dancing motions as he grabbing Chenle's wrists and pulled him off of the bed.

Chenle was laughing hysterically as Jisung continued his chat, his excitement to see the new Spider-Man movie rubbing off on the older as Jisung pulled him out of the bedroom and down the hall. They grabbed their phones and wallets on the way, snapping their fingers by the hallway mirror, and parading down the steps towards the front door. 

"Well what's got you two in a tizzy?" an amused voice commented from the parlor and the duo turned their gaze towards the boy who had spoken. Renjun was sitting in one of the armchairs, Jaemin in the other and they were both looking towards Jisung and Chenle with interest. 

"We're going out to see the new Spider-Man movie!" Jisung cheered, moving to grab his coat. Jaemin and Renjun hummed, the latter drumming his fingers against the tea mug that he was holding. It was one of his rare days off of work. 

"Mind if we tag along?" Jaemin asked, Jisung's eyes briefly flickering to the bandages still wrapped around the other's arm. It had almost been a month since the incident, and it was an understatement to say that Jisung wasn't getting increasingly worried about how bad the injuries really were. Just what had happened...

Chenle let out a 'tsk' but shrugged all the same, "Yeah sure, I don't mind." The duo then looked at Jisung who agreed with Chenle's statement, Renjun and Jaemin moving from their spots to grab their coats as well. Footsteps came from down the hallway behind the staircase.