Untitled Part 1

The sea wind tostled Jisung's long brown hair as he stepped out of the taxi he had hailed, his eyes moving to the cape that was set out in front of him. He handed a wad of cash toward the driver and didn't bother to look back at the car as it drove away, his eyes moving back to the waves.

It was nice. Much different than he was used to. His suitcase handle was firmly rested in his hand and he took a deep breath, the air smelling clean and salty - if air could smell salty.

Then his esurient eyes moved to the house sitting carefully on it's foundation across the street. Old was the first thing that came to mind before he realized that the word 'old' may not apply to this house. Wind torn. Eroded maybe. But not old.

It was understable seeing as the beach was only across the narrow concrete road, absent of cars in both directions. He looked to his right and distantly saw someone wandering down the sidewalk and quickly cross the road, making their way to the sandy dunes that were completely void of any life.

He sighed, looking both ways down the road regardless, and crossed the street. He looked nervously up at the three story building that had been 'renovated for apartment living', although Jisung wasn't entirely sure how renovated it was. It didn't look too revonated from the outside. He could even make out a wooden fire escape on the side of the house. What building had a wooden fire escape anymore?

Nonetheless, against his gut decision, he had previously called and asked about the single room they had left. The vacancy had only opened a couple days previous to Jisung placing his down payment on the room. He was surprised by how cheap the room had been, especially because it was right by the sea. Jisung was sure that most of these other houses down the street cost half a million dollars.

So he was a little more than nervous when he pushed the front door open, the chimes hooked onto the top of the door ringing lightly. His suitcase created a soft 'thunk' as he dragged it over the door frame, closing the door behind him gently as he looked around the foreign space.

Light. Light and airy. Windows filled the foyer, which directly connected with a wooden staircase in front of him and there was a parlor to his right.

The natural light filled the room, casting light rays of clouded sunlight onto various chairs in the parlor along with the little table in front of him which held a fish bowl full of seashells. Then he noticed a bright pink sticky note on the fish bowl.

Curiosity peaking, Jisung leaned forward to read the writing after making sure no one else was around.

'Hello! If this is Park Jisung - our new tenant - just let out a quick shout and I'll be right there' - Na Jaemin :)

Jisung blinked and looked around again, peaked down around the doorframe of the parlor which showed another doorway at the back of the room. He cleared his throat and felt his cheeks heat up a little. Didn't other people live here? He didn't really want to start off on the wrong foot with them by yelling that he had arrived.

"U-um Mr. Na? Hello? It's Park Jisung," Jisung said, quieter at first but then shouting a little louder so his voice echoed around the foyer. He heard a crash, followed quickly by the opening and slamming of a door.

Footsteps sounded quickly from in front of him and he blinked, quite shocked, when a brown-haired boy walked out from behind the staircase. He leaned to the left and raised his eyebrows as he saw a doorway opening up to a hallway, hidden carefully behind the set of stairs.

Then his attention turned back to the boy in front of him. An infectious smile. Twinkling eyes. A blue turtle neck with a black sweater pulled over it, regardless of the fact they were on the beach.