Untitled Part 7

"So have you met all of the other residents yet Sungie?" Jaemin's voice was melodic and soothing to Jisung's ears as he flitted about the kitchen, preparing breakfast for the younger as he always did. It had become a welcome constant. 

Jisung thought for a moment, his hands fiddling endlessly with the mug resting in his hands. He had met Jaemin, Chenle, Jeno, and Donghyuck. Jisung felt anxiety rise in his chest as the name of the last resident came to mind. He had no idea how to process the happens of the early morning, having only gotten to bed for three hours before waking up at seven and not being able to settle down. 

"Um, no. I've only met you, Chenle, Jeno, and Donghyuck," Jisung counted off on his fingers, his eyes burning from exhaustion, "Which means I have to meet Renjun and...Mark?" 

"Ah yes, the two busiest residents. Well," Jaemin cut himself off as he put a plate of waffles and apples down in front of Jisung, seating himself down on the stool next to Jisung, "Mark is actually just lazy in my opinion." 

"Well don't let him hear you saying that," Chenle chortled teasingly as he wandered into the kitchen, a backpack resting on his back and a ball cap smushing his hair down on his head. He had some toothpaste on the side of his mouth, and Jisung had told him as such, the older of the two laughing and wiping it off. 

"It's not like he ever comes down from the attic anyways," Jaemin rolled his eyes and leaned his head on his hand, his body turned to face Jisung as he stared at the young writer. "Heard there was quite a commotion last night."

Jisung choked on the apple slice he was eating and looked at Jaemin with wide eyes, feeling his nerves spike up again as he tried to stop choking in order to explain that he hadn't meant any harm. But to Jisung's surprise, Jaemin just chuckled light and pat his back in a soothing manner, trying to get Jisung to swallow his food. 

"Don't worry about it Jisung, I'm sure you were just worried. But," Jaemin's gaze turned a bit more strict, "You can't forget the rules, okay?" The boy's grip tightened around the back of Jisung's shirt and the younger felt his face heat up at the action.

"Yes, sorry Jaemin," Jisung said softly and Jaemin simply smiled again, reaching up to ruffle Jisung's messy hair and then pinch his cheeks. 

"You're so cute," Jaemin cooed and Jisung scrunched his nose, trying to pulled his head away from Jaemin's grabbing fingers. Chenle was simply watching the interaction with the utmost curiosity and amusement. 

"What happened last-" the college student started to say. 

"Oh my fucking god I'm fucking late I can't believe this!"

Everyone's heads whipped around to the kitchen entrance just as Jeno sprinted through the door, backpack in hand and his other hand furiously trying to finish zipping and buttoning his pants. Jisung's mouth dropped open at the disheveled state of the older boy but Jaemin and Chenle simply rolled their eyes, Jaemin standing to approach the frantic boy. 

"Jeno this is literally your second time being late in over a year, I'm sure Mr. Tario won't mind," Jaemin soothed the boy, taking the backpack out of Jeno's grasp as the boy finished buttoning up his pants. 

"I know, I know, but he might not be, he could fire me and oh my god- oh go- od morning Jisung," Jeno suddenly stopped his rant and paused, eyes wide and sending a wave in Jisung's direction with a bright eye smile. Jisung felt his face grow red yet again at the attention on him and he uttered back a small 'good morning' with a tiny wave of his hand. 

"Okay time to stop gawking at our new resident, you're late Jeno," Chenle interrupted the two and Jeno's eyes widened as if he just remembered his sudden predicament and he grabbed the backpack out of Jaemin's hands, rushing to the door before stopping in his tracks, turning to look back at Jisung. His eyes twinkled with a plan and Jisung gave the boy a skeptical look.