Untitled Part 2

I heard crashes last night, this is the first time since I've come to stay at the house and it surprised me out of my sleep. But...I was too scared to check it out. Maybe I will next time, or maybe I won't. There's something strange going on here, and I plan to figure it out.

- [redacted]

______________________

The crown molding around the edges of the ceiling had cracks in it. 

It wasn't enough to make Jisung so uncomfortable that he would go out to the store and get tools to fix it himself, but it still made him scrunch his nose in dissatisfaction. 

Shifting in his older-styled bed, Jisung pulled the covers up to his chin, breathing in deeply and looking around the room with interest. He hadn't gotten the best sleep last night, after all it was his first night in a strange place across the seas.  But he would have to make do with the new environment.

"That's the whole reason I came here," Jisung murmured under his breath, eyeing his typewriter that was sitting on the small brown desk that was directly across from his four-banister bed. The room was bathed in what he could only decided was a tacky remake of an old victorian inspried bedroom. 

The walls were a dark brown with a red wall paper over them, the brown of the walls only seen through the areas where the wallpaper had ripped. The crown molding was brown as well, and much of the furniture in the room also matched this light and dark brown theme. The floor was carpeted with a red, gold, beige, and brown pattern outlined in black. It certainly gave off a homey feel, and Jisung could just hope that he would be feeling this homey aura soon enough. 

Sitting up, the covers falling onto his lap, Jisung ruffled his hair. His eyes then went to look out the window to his right, feeling a bit of euphoria rise in his chest as he caught sight of the beach and the ocean. He could see a couple of people milling about, walking their dogs and such -- he looked extra long at an adorable black labrador. 

A delicious smell of coffee and some other enticing smell of food - Jisung thought maybe eggs...possibly bacons as well - filtered into the room and took Jisung by surprise. Perking up at the smell, Jisung's stomach rumbled and he tossed the covers off of his body, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. Standing up, Jisung rubbed his feet over the soft fabric of the carpet and tugged at his loose t-shirt, fitting it correctly over his lean body. 

Tugging on the loose door knob, Jisung opened his cracking and creaking door, poking his head out of the doorway. Met with emptiness on either side except for the dozens of randomly placed plants and pictures and small tables, Jisung stepped out of his door, flicking off the light and closing it behind him. 

Walking down the hallway, Jisung paused in front of the mirror that was just past Chenle's room. He looked into it for a moment, wondering why exactly this mirror was so special that he had to snap three times in front of it. It was vintage looking with a black frame around it, setting it apart from the other brown furniture in the hallway, even the red and yellow themed wallpaper.

But nothing came to mind and Jisung just snapped his fingers before continuing down the hallway. It wouldn't hurt him to just followed the rules anyways, they were generally simple. So far, the rules were the only strange thing about the house -- but it still was certainly a strange thing indeed. 

Walking down the staircase, Jisung trailed his hand over the banister before stepping into the foyer, his eyes looking around curiously at what would be his living space for quite an extended period of time. It looked a bit different than when he had walked in yesterday, but he just pegged it to be fresh eyes and lighting.