Untitled Part 12

Jisung was feeling uneasy.

But that was an understatement if the writer was going to be honest. When he had woken up earlier that morning - around 8 - he felt a sort of nervousness hanging in the air. Something just felt...off.

He was even more bewildered when he had wandered down the stairs to find that Jaemin wasn't in the kitchen making the residents breakfast like he had been for the past month and a half. Nor was anyone else in the kitchen.

It was dead quiet, and that was when Jisung heard the soft pitter patter of rain on the window panes and he looked outside. It was raining. The first time since he had come to the house.

Standing in the entrance way between the kitchen and the living room, Jisung let out a soft breath, the small noise seeming much too loud in the unusually quite house. Instead, the house seemed to settled around him, creaking and moving slightly against the wind accompanying the rain.

There was a certain air to the house for the rest of the day and Jisung almost felt like a stranger, like he was in some abandoned house and he shouldn't be there. He was trespassing, or at least that's the sort of strange sense he got.

Grabbing his mug of tea and a tea bag from the pre-made box that rested in a drawer underneath the coffee machine, which served to also dispense hot water, Jisung quickly made himself the warm drink. Minutes later, with the warm drink resting in his cold hands, Jisung padded out of the kitchen. He took a passing glance at the clock and faltered in his tracks. It was mid-afternoon, and he had still yet to see anyone regardless of his anxious wandering.

"This is so strange," Jisung murmured as he walked out of the kitchen, his thick socks rescued from the inner depths of his wardrobe and pleasantly covering his feet as he wandered across the bare floor into the foyer.

He stopped in the foyer, as he usually found himself doing, and let himself listen.

Something was wrong.

Jisung straightened his back and frowned, tightening his grip around his mug before his eyes moved to the side slowly, just to look out of his peripheral vision.

Nothing.

The living room was empty as it had been when he walked through it moments prior.

Then why...

Jisung shook his head and took a step forward, making his way as fast as he could up the staircase with a hot drink in his hands. He followed the rules, as he had grown accustomed to, and paused in front of Chenle's doorway. Hesitating, one of Jisung's hands rose to knock on the boy's door before he let it fall, returning it to wrap back around the mug. He'd better not bother the other residents.

So he retreated to his room and let himself fall into his work. The day passed from there, and, before Jisung knew it, the alarm on his phone was buzzing to tell him that it was already time to go to bed.

Stretching, Jisung interlaced his fingers and arched his back very much like that of a cat before letting out a huff and pushing himself up from his desk and his scattered notes. He was making good progress, almost done with perfecting the characters. Then onto the plot. He had a couple of ideas.

Grabbing his bathroom bag from his top left desk drawer, Jisung stood up and made his way to the second floor bathroom. It sat exactly halfway between the two rooms, and Jisung was a bit surprised to see that the door was ajar and Chenle was brushing his teeth, albeit a bit lazily.

His green hair was ruffled and sticking up in every direction and his shoulders seemed to sag a bit more than usual. His cheekbones stood out a bit unnaturally and the bags under his eyes look almost like they had been painting on in rich, heavy strokes.