Untitled Part 3

The ocean is four billion years old. 

On average, the ocean is 2.3 miles deep, but the deepest part of the ocean could be as deep as 6.8 miles or 35,814 feet. Within the vast expanses of these unpredictable waters, it's strange to think about what could possibly be in this massive habitat that human's haven't discovered yet. 

What could possibly be out in those gorgeous and frightening waters?

Jisung's feet were buried in the soft sand bordering the ocean. His hands were buried in his pockets and he shivered against the frigid temperature of the water. Buried in his thoughts, Jisung stared absentmindedly out over the miles of ocean expanded out in front of him. 

There was a certain energy to the ocean, to water in general, that Jisung felt himself drawn to. It was a feeling of euphoria yet peace at the same time. He could spend hours at the beach, that went without question. 

It was one of the reasons which he had chosen to come out to Massachusetts, just so that he would be near the ocean, and the ocean would create a peaceful state of mind for Jisung. One where he would be able to move past his debilitating  case of writers block and get his newest novel underway. 

It was the very end of August, one week until September started. Because of this, the wind was strong and the waves were choppy and cold. Jisung had rolled his beige pants up to his knees but the cuffs he had made were still splashed in the salt water. He tugged his hands further into his dark brown sweater sleeves and tucked his hands into his armpits. What was more curious was the black crow watching him from several yards away, but he didn't think too heavily on it.

Jisung wasn't entire sure where to start his book. Hell, he wasn't even sure what genre he wanted to have his story be yet. Romance was a possibility, but he had close to no experience in that field and he didn't see himself becoming an expert in love anytime soon. He could potentially do action, but he had done actions for his last book and he didn't want to have to go that in-depth with his storyline and lore again. Plus he wanted to try something new. 

Mystery? Sci-fi? Horror?

Jisung let out a sigh and kicked his bare foot up, watching as water droplets flew into the air and then back into the constantly shifting water. It was hard. Maybe he should start with characters first. 

The young boy perked up at the fleeting thought. Maybe that wasn't such a bad idea. If he figured out a bunch of characters that he wanted to use, it wouldn't be hard to choose a plotline and story from there, especially if he decided relationship dynamics between the characters. 

Nodding in satisfaction, Jisung felt himself reflect on the characters in his own life, running through the personalities and looks of the people whom he had just met. 

Na Jaemin, the owner's son and the one who ran the house. With pink-hair, a bright smile, and a caring heart, it was clear to see that not only was the boy strange and eccentric, but also very observant in how people acted around him. He was in-tune with what people wanted and needed and that was one of his stronger suits. 

Zhong Chenle, a student at the University of Chicago who studied in marine biology. Sass and kindness blended together in his sentences and it was already hard to discern whether the green-haired boy was joking or not. He seemed like a very open and accepting person, and had established a very joking and teasing relationship with most of the tenants, although he had only seen the boy with Jaemin and Donghyuck. 

Which brought him to Lee Donghyuck, or Haechan. A curly-haired boy who seemed extremely tired all of the time. Nonetheless, he seemed accepting and fun. He cared for Jaemin, but that was all that Jisung could find himself concluding about the boy. 

Realizing what he was doing, Jisung was quick to berate himself. It was a habit, and one that had separated him from his family and friends in Korea. Being an author, and especially at such a young age, Jisung had a hard time separating his work from his actual life and was quick to refer to the people around him as characters and watch them with a strange intensity in order to draw conclusions about them. 

Shifting his feet in the sand, Jisung closed his eyes and simply felt. The wind blew his short hair in every direction and whipped his sweater over his thin body. His exposed legs were freezing from the extended exposure to the elements and Jisung felt his fingers stiffen from their place in his pockets. 

He let his thoughts drift through his head. The residents who were extremely nice and fascinating. The house and its rules. The beach. The ocean. His novel and what characters he was thinking about starting. What belongings he had and what he needed to get. How much money he had and what he needed to budget. 

Jisung wondered if he needed to get a part-time job. He might.

Letting out a sigh, Jisung sniffled. His nose was beginning to run from the cold and he decided it was time to leave. Bending down, Jisung peering into the clear water before taking his hand out of his pocket and reaching down into the water. Pulling it out of the water, Jisung looked pensively at the shell in hand before tucking it into his pocket.

It would be a nice addition. 

Rule #4: If you go to the beach, you have to bring a seashell back to place into the fish bowl in the foyer. 

________________________