1

Art: https://twitter.com/appa_owo

_______

 Frans barking woke the hybrid, the Dog herself having propped herself up on the bed, licking her owner's face. Sam reached over, petting the tamed wolf's light grey fur lightly, his mind was still groggy from the events the day before. Memories were blurry, he remembers Puffy and Tommy busting him out of the cage he had gotten trapped in and helping him home. The hybrid could recall much after reaching his home with the tow other than flopping down on his head. Sam pushed himself up, glancing around his room, spying Puffy's pirate hat sitting on the dresser to the side, so they're still here? Sam got to his feet, Fran following at his heels carefully. Sam wobbled a bit, but was able to rebalance himself before he could fall over, The hybrid raises a hand to his head, rubbing his temples. He could still hear the egg talking to him but they had faded into faint, non-audible whispers.

"Sam!" The loudness of Tommy's voice shook Sam's head, causing the hybrid to flinch slightly as the Teen ran up to him from where he was seated with Puffy, the sheep-hybrid following quickly behind him.

"Hey Tommy..." Sam trails off, giving the two a tired smile. The blonde opened his mouth to speak, but Puffy cut him off with her own words, speaking in a lower tone

"Are you okay, Sam?" The whitette questions, holding both her hands up to her chest, a familiar green object clenched in her fists.

"Better than I was yesterday," Sam says, reaching out to take his mask from the woman. Puffy nods, passing the mask to Sam who immediately re-equips it.

"I made you some food." Tommy says, Puffy glaring at him slightly from the corner of her eyes.

"I think you mean, Puffy made you food While I watched?" Tommy rolls his eyes, glancing away from the hybrid and back at Sam, the woman reaching up an arm, but quickly put it back down with a sigh. Puffy carefully took Sam's arm, leading him to a seat as Tommy and Fran followed, the dog sticking close to her still ailing owner.

"Tommy, Can you change his bandages?" Puffy questions, preparing a plate of something for Sam to eat. At the mention of his arm, Sam feels a dull pain shoot through, Memories of ripping his own flesh out with his teeth filling his mind, nearly causing the man to gag at the thought, the irony taste of blood still remaining in his mouth. A plate is settled in his view, snapping him from his thoughts as Tommy takes a seat next to him with a roll of bandages in his hands.

Puffy sat down across from the blonde, her pink-eyes carefully watching as Tommy grabs Sam's arm and slowly unwraps the bandages, a wince leaving the teen's mouth at the sight of the wound. Sam refused to look himself, keeping his eyes anywhere but his arm.

"Pour some of the water on it," Puffy instructs calmly, the boy shakily doing as told. The cold water hit the wound with a sting causing Sam to clench his fists quickly, nearly ripping his arm away from Tommy, but he held his restraint, he'd been hurt worse.

"Put the towel back first," Puffy instructs again, her eyes soft, ears tilted downwards.

"Why do I have to do this?" Tommy's voice finally spoke after a long silence, sounding very strained.

"You told me you have no idea how to use first aid, this is it." Puffy said, crossing her arms

"The worst bits over already Tommy." Puffy spoke again, laying her hands on the table. Tommy doesn't say anything back and Sam feels a warm fabric wrap around the injury before being tightened by the bandages.