33

Art: @soaxfox 

____________________

"Okay." Sky starts with a clap of his hands, grabbing Y/n's attention as the two paused in the area of grass around the church. Grayson and Wilbur were still sleeping in the church as the sun had just started to rise over the horizon, stars still dotting the sky even as it fades back into its light blue color. Y/n hadn't exactly been pleased with being awoken at the crack of dawn, considering they hadn't fallen asleep until around 4 am if the clock in the church was good for anything. The teen had slipped into the clothing Grayson had given them, which was just one of his older purple hoodies and jean overalls, The blonde boy was not exactly thrilled when Wilbur cut holes in the back of the hoodie for their wings. The clothes were baggy and much too big/small for the teen but that was all they had at the moment. The teen was excited to learn, but they already missed their other family, worried for their wellbeings, what if someone died yesterday other than Puffy that Y/n didn't see, someone with no lives to spare, like Tubbo or Tommy. The idea that they would be gone forever sends a chill down the h/c teen's spine. "First things first, Kid." Sky starts, grabbing a small, iron sword from his belt, tossing it to the teen's feet. Y/n stares at the weapon for a moment before turning their tired gaze back to the older man, who had his sword ready at his side. Y/n grabbed the weapon from the ground, the metal heavy in their hands. "We gotta teach you how to fight."

"I thought I was supposed to be learning magic?" Y/n questions with a tilt of their head, clutching the hilt of the sword tightly to keep it from slipping out of their grip. Sky lets out a sigh, but he sounded more tired than annoyed.

"Well, Sera also said you had to work on your physical form as well." The man says, gesturing to the teen. Y/n frowns, looking down at themselves. They didn't have much muscle but they preferred their magic to actual fighting with weapons. Y/n had no idea how to use any weapon. Sky swings his sword out, readying his arm. The action causes the teen to jump, raising their sword quickly with a strained sound as the weight of the sword hurts their arms to lift, the metal weapons nearly tumbling from their grip. Y/n's gaze turns to glare as Sky lets out a chuckle.

"Shut up! I've never used a sword before." Y/n said, letting the iron hit the dirt with a muffled 'ting' noise, the teen huffing. Sky watches them for a moment, brown eyes hidden behind his glasses as the sun starts to filter over the grass, warmth casting over the two of them. Y/n gets the sword in a tight hold again, pointing it shakily at the older man who had shifted to lean on his sword, a small smirk on his face as he watches the h/c teenager.

"Think you've got it?" Sky asks, a teasing tint to his voice as he pushes himself off of his sword, pulling it from the ground and pointing it towards Y/n's feet in one swift motion. Y/n stumbled back a bit, knuckles turning white from their tight grip around the rubbery hilt of the weapon. Y/n gulps, knowing that as soon as they agree this guy was going to kick their ass.

"Uh..." Y/n trails off, before nodding their head gently. Faster than the teen could think, Sky swung up his sword, knocking the iron from Y/n's grip and up into the air. Y/n lets out a small scream, rushing back before tripping over their own feet and tumbling to the ground, the teen catches themselves before they hit the ground, fluttering themselves into the air with a huff. Sky laughs as Y/n hovers over him. A frown grows on the teen's lips before it morphs into a smirk, the teen shooting up into the sky before twisting around and propelling themselves back down as fast as they could, Sky glances back up at Y/n, having moved to pick up the iron sword that had gotten stuck in the ground from its ascension, his face quickly morphing from amused to panicked before Y/n crashed into him, forcing them both to the ground. The two roll a few feet, Y/n laughing loudly as they wrap their wings around themselves to protect them, jumping away from Sky as he lets out a groan, laying face first on the grass.