3

Art: twitter.com/Drendee_

_________

   A loud crash shook Tommy from his sleep, the boy jumping up from his spot at the table and ignoring the pain in his neck as he did so. Tommy glanced around, memories of only a few hours ago filling his mind as the sun finally filters through the windows. Another noise causes the blonde to rush back where Sam had been laying, the Man still unconscious causing a frown to grow on Tommy's face. Fran was nowhere to be seen. Tommy shuffled towards the hallway, spying the dog scratching on Ponk's bedroom door, the door opening as the dog quickly ran in, before the door shut softly behind her.

A small snicker leaves the boy's mouth as his eyes gaze over the mess the dog had left behind, having knocked a flower pot off a table. The boy lets out a sigh, deciding he'd just clean it up later as he wanders back into the other room, cracking his back. Tommy looked over Sam once more and true to Puffy's words, he was looking much better, Color had returned to his skin and his breathing had settled to normal, although he had been asleep for quite a while which worried the teen. But Fran finally left his side, so that could mean he was fine. Fran had always comforted Tommy when he was feeling upset and over at Sam's home. Although, that would mean Fran had gone to comfort Y/N, maybe he should check on them.

Tommy quietly shuffles back down the hall he was previously looking down, The quietness of the base kind of making him uncomfortable, it was always really quiet in exile. The blonde shook his head, moving his mind back to his main priority, Fran and Y/N. He could revel in his own thoughts some other time.

Tommy pauses outside the door, frowning at the similar lack of noise emanating from the room before he knocks lightly on the door.

"Hey, You awake?" the boy called out, despite already knowing that Y/N was awake.

"...Yeah!" Their raspy voice calls back, sounding worse than it had yesterday.

"Can I come in?" usually the blonde would just burst in anyway, but he'd rather avoid making them fearful of him.

"...Sure!" Tommy noted the hint of surprise in their tone, before pushing the wooden door open, peeking inside to see the teen sitting on the bed with Fran curled up in their lap. Tommy steps inside, Fran's ears twitching a bit as he walks in.

"Are you feeling alright?" The H/C teen nods, petting the dogs head with a gentle expression on their face.

"Have you been up long?" Tommy asks again, a small grimace growing on his face as Y/N's composer falters, their shoulder tensing as Fran looks up at them with her ears pressed against her head.

"I...had a nightmare..." The room falls silent, Y/N lifting Fran and hugging the dog close to their chest, the pup licking at their chin.

"I have nightmares sometimes too, I used to get them a lot when I was- n-nevermind." Tommy cuts off his rant, pushing the memories of waking up from his many different night terrors waist deep in the ocean.

Y/N didn't say anything in return, just sending the older boy a look of empathy before returning their gaze to Fran's light colored fur.

"Do you...wanna talk about it?" Tommy questions, taking a seat on the bed next to Y/N, keeping his eyes focused ahead of him.

"Do you?" surprise filled the boy at the question, clearly not expecting the teen to turn it on himself and although it was clearly a simple query the boy's chest tightens.

"I-I...no, I'd rather not." Tommy spoke, kicking himself at the way his voice sounded. Fran pushes herself into his lap with a small whine. The blonde hadn't talked about what had happened in his exile with anyone, the only person (that he knows, knows) is Techno and even still, it was only what the boy's traumatized brain spit out in a breakdown, which he's sure was probably unintelligible.