39

I'm pretty sure a vast majority of this chapter is angst not gonna lie, not on Y/n's part or the rest of them but...well, you'll see.

It's also kinda short, I'm sorry for such a short chapter after such a long hiatus but I've been struggling with Adulting- why is it so fucking hard :((((

____________________________

It's quiet, the quietest it's been in months. Standing in one of the larger rooms in the underground city is Y/n, the teenager standing straight, eyes narrowed with Grayson's enchanted bow in hand. Across the room from them was a wall of buttons that, presumably, have little use. Hopefully, they weren't hooked up to something. The arrow knocking into the bow was red-tipped and sharp as hell. Y/n had shot it several times, pulling it from the stone and wood several times having dulled the end but it was the only arrow they had managed to grab without getting noticed.

As much as Y/n loves the adults that surround them, they were truly suffocating. Puffy still hasn't changed her mind about Y/n fighting the egg and all that, Which Y/n can understand, the idea of Puffy going anywhere near it scared them too. But after all the teen has learned about themselves. They stand more of a chance in defeating it than any of their friends or family ever do. Y/n raises the bow again, their wings shuffling is the only noise in the room as they readjust their aim, shooting for one of the higher, further away wooden buttons. The angel sucks in a breath before letting the arrow fly, letting out a sigh as the metal-tipped arrow sticks into the wall a few feet next to their target.

"That was good, Smaller targets are harder to hit." Y/n blinks, turning their head to see a familiar pair of glasses-wearing brunette. The dead-man-walking leaning against the entryway to the room. Y/n frowns, not bothering to respond as they unfurl their wings, taking to the air to reach the item lodged into the wall, wings sending small gusts of air through the room. Y/n returns to their spot, letting out a huff as they stare down at the arrow, tip broken off and nowhere to be seen. The teenager lets out another sigh, their arms flopping limply at their side in defeat.

"You're posture is slacking, stand up straight." Y/n lets out a huff, turning away from the room in question back to the dead man walking before them.

"Can you, Leave me alone?" The angel questions, months of stress finally rolling off their shoulders. "I can figure out, I just want to be alone right now." Sky frowns, crossing his arms as Y/n turns back to the wall, looking down at the broken arrow in their hand with a sigh.

"I don't think shooting arrows is a very good stress reliever." Sky says, pushing off the doorway wall and stepping towards the teenager, patting their shoulder lightly. The man digs through his inventory for a moment, offering the h/c angel an apple. Y/n stares him down for a few moments, before taking the shiny red fruit from his hands. The man ruffles the teens' hair, chuckling slightly as they glare at him. It's silent for a while, Y/n had leaned their bow against the wall, sitting cross-legged next to it, Sky resting on the other side of the bow, both lost in thought.

"Y'know, You're buddies keep looking at me weird." Y/n blinks, looking at the man with a raised brow. "Asking me Questions about..." Sky huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh." Y/n finishing the apple quickly. "Yeah, they figured out you were famous in a book." Sky laughs at their words, but it's not a very genuine one, filled with spite.

"Famous..." The man scoffs, shaking his head. "The fact they wrote a book about it in the first place is just-" Sky cuts himself off, the room going silent once again as the brunette averts his gaze to the floor; Seething. Y/n taps their fingers against their knee a few times, suddenly curious. Tubbo and Ranboo said the ancients had won the war, but Sky seemed to not look back on it fondly, And the teen really wanted more information on their homeland.