── ⊰ Kaeya x Aether

______________________________
| Kaeya x Aether |
"secrets"
a/n: sup
- REQUESTED -
______________________________

"C'mooooon-ugh!!!!! Get up, get up, get up!! Paimon's already getting angry!!"

    Aether grunted, turning the other way from his floating companion. Early in the morning — Aether had plans today actually. However, it seemed that sleeping entered the chat. The poor blond stayed up all night trying to find hints on where his sister could be, only to end up with none. Aether's been feeling lonely and sad due to him feeling like a part of his life was missing. Every night he'd pray for her to come back to him.. sooner or later..or maybe...

"Fiiine, I'll get up! Just get ouuuut!" Aether face planted on his pillow, shooing away Paimon with his arm.

"Hmph! Good idea! I'll wait for you outsiiiide~!"

    After hearing the door close, Aether shifted around his bed before getting up to go use the restroom.

'It's been about 3 months now..' Aether thought as he splashed water on his face.

    3 months ever since he landed here with his sister in this unknown world. 3 months of dealing with other people's problems. 3 months..

'3 months and.. no progress...' Aether stared at the mirror with blank eyes.

    What was there to do now? Keep searching? Is that how he will really find her? Questions circulated him as he got ready for the day. It felt... odd. For once, Aether felt like he was loosing hope. He shook his head, rejecting the thought.

"I will find her! I promise to myself. And once I do...I'll.."

        -

    Commissions were fast.. but hard. The one in Dragonspine were non of Aether's favorites, but mora is mora. Paimon wouldn't stop talking about how hungry she was even though Aether got her Sticky Honey Roast a few hours ago.

"Yeesh! Those fatui sure did take a beating to you!" Paimon said as she floated around Aether.

    The blond was covered in small bruises, but he was able to manage.

"I would have been easier if you could have helped," Aether mumbled as he took another bite from his Chicken-Mushroom Skewer.

"Heeey.. Isn't that Captain Kaeya..?"

    Aether looked suspiciously at Paimon.  Like ever he would actually... No, he was actually there. To Aether's surprise, Kaeya was standing in the edges of Dragonspine, looking as if he was deep in thought. Good thing the two of them were behind a bush, so there was no legit way Kaeya could possibly hear nor see them.. right?

"Let's go say hi!" Paimon suggested, already floating above the bush.

Aether quickly yanked down the floating child, "Let's not..We shouldn't bother him. He looks deep in thought."

"Huuh?? Whyyy?" Paimon pouted, "It's not like we'll.."

"You two are here as well?"

The sudden voice scared the life out of Paimon. Aether just sweat-dropped, only finding himself eye-to-eye with the Knights of Favonius's Chivalry Captain. (Did i get that right ;v;) Aether's face went unknowingly red as he stared at those crystal blue eyes.

"G-good morning.." Aether greeted with a stutter.

"Good morning to you too, Aether," Kaeya greeted from the other side of the bush.

What an awkward beginning of the day. But, to see Kaeya here this early in the morning.. Before Aether can even question the man, Paimon decided to speak up first.

"What are you doing here this early in the morning, o' Caption?" Paimon asked.

Kaeya chuckled, "Just adventuring out in the wild.. You?"

"..Finishing up commissions," Aether stated, getting up from the grassy floor.

"Oh? is that so.." Kaeya took a good look at Aether, noticing all the small bruises on him, "Are you alright there?"

Aether nodded quickly. "Y-yes, I'm fine!" He quickly said.

"Well, we better start heading off! We still have those commissions to attend to ya'know!" Paimon pointed out patting on Aether's back.

Kaeya put a hand on his hip, "Let me lend a hand. You don't seem to be in a good place to be continuing." Kaeya suggested.

"R-really?! I- I mean.. the last one is just to deliver sweet flowers to a little girl.. You don't need to help me if you don't want to," Aether stuttered once more.

"It's fine, I'll help you," Kaeya saw the blond nod, before leading everyone else to the location. 'After all...' Kaeya looked up to the sky, 'It's better than getting my day ruined by the other knights...'

Kaeya stared at the back of Aether's before grinning. "Yeah, this is better.."

_________________________________
I would say this was hard to write ;')
_________________________________