── ⊰ Kaeya x Reader

Gender neutral reader

High school AU - requested

So basically this is kinda out of character for Kaeya (i think). just tell me what you think, ig? Please also note that the "girl" mentioned in this story line has nothing to do with anyone in Mondstadt or Liyue (etc), its just a random character.
I DO NOT SUPPORT TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS.
_____________________________

    Not to long ago, your best friend, Kaeya, got into a relationship with a girl you weren't to fond of. She was one of those happy go lucky girls and always had people greeting her like a queen each second. You've met her a few times when Kaeya first introduced her to you. At first, you thought she was there for his money, but then soon realized that she really liked him. Though, your thoughts about Kaeya's likings towards her weren't to much the same.

    You never really supported their relationship, nor really said anything about it. You just smiled and nodded whenever the two approached you, then turned away to return to a blank face. It was pretty clear that they were a popular couple in your high school, everyone's "Dream Pair" basically. However, that was in their eyes.

    A few months afterward, the girl would come to school in bruises, but then smile off everyone's questions and respond with "I tripped" or "I tried sports for once and got badly ingured." It wasn't to long until you noticed what was going on. You may not be in any of the classes the girl was in, but that fact that Kaeya's emotions changed.

    He'd furrow his eye brows in anger when you noticed his girlfriend with another person, not matter if it was with a boy or girl. You often saw Kaeya scolding the girl on a daily basis. She would rush after school to leave the campus quickly, too.

    At first, you thought that they were playing a fake relationship, but then soon realized that the girl just kept getting more bruises each and every day. Though her classmates saw this was regular to do her excuses, you could tell that she wasn't doing any sports. So, you decided to approach her and ask directly what was going on.

    Just as you were planning your surprise meet up, Kaeya walked up to you unexpectedly. He lowered his eyes down to your seated figure.

    "Is there anything you need, Kae?" You asked, raising your eye brows at his blank face.

    "Can we talk in private, Y/n."

    Sweat dropped down your cheek. Instead of asking, he sounded like he was demanding it. Either way, you had to turn down the guy.

    "Class starts in a few minutes.. If you want we can chat after school, I still have to attend student council meetings and-"

    "Outside, Y/n."

    You felt a chill down your spine. You've never seen Kaeya suddenly demand something to you.

    "Alright.. but make it quick."

    You faced Kaeya's back as you both walked out into the hall. For once, you felt slightly nervous with no explanation why. The aura you felt from Kaeya just felt different this time. You the stopped walking, noticing that Kaeya stopped in front of you.

    "Y/n, I think I..."

    You bit your lip ad Kaeya paused his sentence. You watched his shoulders lower like in a slouching position as he let out a small sigh.

    "Don't slouch, Kaeya. You'll have bad posture." You stated, furrowing your eye brows and folding your arms.

    "Oh, heh. Right." 

    You frowned the moment Kaeya turned around and smiled. His eyes were glossy and it was clear that his eye was red.

    "..Have you been crying lately?" You quietly asked, worriedly looking at Kaeya.

    Kaeya's mouth gaped a bit before closing once again to let out a small nod.

    "Y/n, do you find me as a bad person..?" Kaeya looked down at the floor to look at his reflection.

    You sighed, looking away sadly. "Depends what you did."

    "I.." Kaeya looked away from you, avoiding eye contact. His eyes continued to gaze outside the window. "I'm pretty sure you already caught onto what I was up to, right? Diluc already.."

    "Yeah."

    Kaeya turned his head slowly to you. His facial expression didn't look to surprised. All of a sudden, his eye started tearing up and before you knew it, he broke down crying.

    You clutched your hand, biting your lip as you watched Kaeya's figure crouch down, silently weeping in front of you. You crouched down to his level and patted his back to slightly comfort him. You never really knew how to handle someone who cried. But either way, you handed him your handkerchief.

    "You know, it was pretty obvious.." You muttered as Kaeya wiped his face.

    "..I know.."

    "What you did was horrible."

    "..I know.."

    "You should probably be in jail."

    "..I know.."

    "You do know you can still fix this."

    "..I kno.." Kaeya quickly shut his mouth. "No, I can't."

    "Yeah." You gave a small laugh. "Not without me."

    Kaeya looked up suddenly.

    "Y/n.."

    You pulled up your broken friend with a small smile.

    "It's not to late to change up, Kae." You held his hands as his eyes glossed up even more. "I'll give you a hall pass as Vice President. Let's go buy her flowers and apologize to her."

    Kaeya wiped his sleeves with his arm, then nodding.

    Just as you two made you way out, a girl stood hiding nearby the hallway, listening in to your conversation.

    - end -   

            note :
    if you didn't understand the story basically: Kaeya got into a relationship with a girl. A few months later, he started becoming "toxic" towards the girl, resulting in abuse. Later on, the reader picks up on the signs, then decides to plan out their way of asking the girl directly in secret. Instead, Kaeya approaches you and decides to let out his feelings due to how close you were to him. kaeya realizes his mistakes but doesn't know what to do next and instead goes to you for help, which you understand right away.
    Anyways, if there is an opportunity for a part2, i would make it if i have time.

    I DO NOT SUPPORT TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS!!!