Chapter 8

I rubbed my neck it was sore from sleeping on the chair. I didn't know how long I was asleep but it had to be for awhile, I looked on my phone and it was 8pm already and now there was currently a hospital blanket over me and Bria.

I looked at my mom who was looking at us, a groan left me lips as I moved Bria's head and placed it on a pillow before I walked over to our mom and sat on the bed, "Hey." she said softly her voice shaky and unrecognizable. "Hi mom." I rub her cheeks, "How are you?" I asked.

She tried to smile but she was so weak she couldn't form one, "sad butters." she whispered. She hasn't called me butters for 3 years which almost made me cry from the sound of it. "I'm sad of being a failure to my own kids." her eyes became watery, "I'm sorry baby, I'm so so sorry." She continued, "When I kicked you out that day I was trying to be better but it was hard, my baby you deserve a better mother someone who's capable of taking care of you. I cant do this anymore." she whispered.

"No! you don't get to make that decision! You can't leave me?! Us?! why would u say that momma? I will make us a family I will make us better, do you understand." I sobbed out.

"I love you butters but you can't try to fix everything. Since you were a kid and knew how to walk you tried too help others out." She let out a chuckle, "but that's your downfall stop trying to fix everyone, you truly mean my world and I love you." She said as her eye's started closing, "I'm so weak butters." momma said.

"Go to sleep I'll be right here." I told her grabbing her hand and moving to sit on the couch. "I love you." she whispered before going off too sleep. "I love you more momma." and before I knew my eye's closed.

***

"Come on!" people shouted, "1, 2, 3" a buzz went off, "Clear!" a woman screamed. "Nothing!" A man shouted.

"Baila!" Bria sobbed out, "She's gone! she's not here!" Bria pushed my arm. I opened my eye's and saw the wires and moved my eyes to the monitor which was a straight line,

"NO! No! she was here!" I cried out as I looked at my sister who was shaking and scared.

My eyes was breaking of tears pouring out, Everything was gone no one was in the room voices were gone everything was silent as the only person I saw was my mother on the bed emotionless, body was lifeless. I could feel my throat sore as I screamed out and cried as I stared at my mom, "MOTHER! Elizabeth?! don't leave us?! please! we can do this with you by my side!" I cried.

"Guy's wait outside." A nurse said with a small smile.

"No! she's okay! she's alive!" I cried out as Bria took my hand and brought us to the hallway. "Shhh It's okay Baila." Bria cried.

I slid to the floor as I cried into my hand, "I talked to her last night everything was fine! she was fine." I cried as I looked at my sister my vision blurred, "We were going to make her better." I cried into my hand. Bria wrapped her arms around me, "We have each other Baila." She whispered into my hair and rested her head on mine, "We have each other. " I whispered.

***

Seconds, Minutes, Hours, passed I lost track of time as I stared at the wall and Bria stared at her hand's both of us silent as time went by before we heard anything about our mom.

The doctor from earlier came out with a sad frown on his face, "I'm sorry but she's gone." two small words, 'she's gone.' replayed in my head as I looked as Bria who eye's were wide and tear's running down her beautiful face. "No! she can't be!" I yelled as I got up, "She's in there!" I screamed as I tried to go in but he blocked me, "LET ME IN!!" I sobbed, "ma'ma she's gone." He said as he rubbed my back, "Please." I cried into him.