Chapter 9

2 weeks went by.... we were currently in New York at Jay's "Main base." my mother's funeral happened 3 days after her death.  Not much people showed up which wasn't a surprise it was only Jay, Bria, Antonio and I since Jocelyn, Lorenzo and Quinn had to go to New York and handle "business."

Once we went to New York a hour after the funeral Bria and I slept in the same bed together for a week and talked, cried and "bonded." more. Bria informed me how her and Antonio had a "relationship." happening since the day he brought her to her room and stayed all night with her laughing and talking before he had too leave that night. I told her about what happened at Jay's work and she screamed in excitement.

We talked about all the memories about mom and cried, happy tears.

6 days In after coming to New York Bria started sleeping by herself and Antonio started to attend a new school with her even though he worked at a Mafia so he didn't have too. I on the other hand haven't seen Jay since the funeral; I didn't work for him anymore —instead I worked at a cafe since I insisted on paying something at the house which Jocelyn disagreed at first but let me win the argument and agreed on me paying for the water bills.

I hung out with Quinn most of the time in the house watching movies every night when we could since she worked for one of Jay's night club which I wasn't allowed to see because he wouldn't allow Quinn to show me.

Stupid I know.

****

I was currently watching, ' Twilight.'  under the heavy blanket since I only had Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays off of work and it was currently Saturday.

My stomach grumbled and I decided to finally get up and go downstairs for something to eat as I paused the movie and removed the blanket off my body. I made my way down the set of stairs and walked towards the kitchen grabbing a bowl from one of the shelves and some cereal pouring it into a bowl with some almond milk .

I sat on one of the stools and decided to go on instagram while I ate, "Perfect, Baila!!" A voice called sounding like they been running for a while, I turned my head to see who it was and smiled as I saw Antonio red as a tomato jogging over to where I was until he was in front of me. I raised my brow in response as I used my back hand to wipe my mouth, "Can u give these too Jay at the base?" He asked holding out a orange envelope, "I have to go get Bria from dance." He said with hopeful eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "I don't even know where the base is nor do I know what that even is." I said as I got up and walked around the island to place the bowl In the sink. "Really? you live in a house full of people who work in a Mafia and you don't know what a Mafia base is?" He questioned crossing his arms.

"Nope." I shook my head as I rolled up my sleeves too my hoodie I was wearing and began to clean out my bowl, "Ugh! Baila?!? you can't be serious." He shook his head and I let out a giggle he looked confusion and frustrated, "It's basically a base for trainees aka younger groups of kids too come in our mafia." he rolled his eyes as if saying it's supposed to be obvious and than continuing, "and a place where we handle our business and stuff."

"Hm." I hummed, "I guess it makes sense." I shrugged as I placed the bowl in the cabinet and grabbed a paper towel to dry off my hands; rolled down my sleeves, "Okay i'll have one of the guards bring me." I said as I smiled and took the envelope out of his hands, "What's in here anyways?" I questioned as I jiggled the paper envelope around hoping to hear a sound but was disappointed when I heard nothing.

"None of your business." He smirked as he walked away , "AND DO NOT OPEN IT !" He screamed as he walked towards the door. "Maybe I should!" I screamed as I had a playful smirk on my lips, "Baila!" He threatened as he turned around and narrowed his eyes at me, "Do. Not. Open. It." He scowled me.