Chapter 24

"My mother

"My mother." "My mother." "My mother." his voice ringed through my ears as my eyes flickered between him and the woman, back and forth, right to left. And then I remembered... why did she look so familiar? and then it clicked the portrait back at the base.

My eyes widened as I stopped my eyes on his own, he was trying to read my expression waiting for my response and I didn't know what to say, opening and closing my mouth like a fish, "Your mother?" I asked stupidly just having to hear him confirm it once more and when he nodded his beautiful head I could feel my heart beat out my chest.

"H-how?" I was so confused my head hurt from all the thoughts that ran through my mind, I thought his family was dead? I thought it was only him and Jocelyn, "Shes dead, right?" I asked again staring at him with flushed cheeks, wide eyes and shaky hands.

"Not exactl-"

"No sweetheart, i'm still here and breathing." The woman chuckled from near the door closing it behind her, looking around downstairs as her heels clicked behind her. "Wow, you definitely got your taste from me." She smiled proudly at the interior of the house, stopping her movement once she viewed the people in the living room, "Looks like a adoption center in here." She turned back to look at Jay, "It would be rude if I didn't introduce myself, should we all talk in a room perhaps?" She moved her lips and you can hear every bit of humor and sarcasm in her voice.

____

We all sat around the table Antonio and Quinn sat together, Jay and Jocelyn sat at the head of the table, Bria and I sat near each other, Lorenzo Joined sitting on the other side of Bria and across from Jays mother and I assumed Jays brother sat next to her.

"Who's the newbies?" Jays brother was the first to speak and he definitely intimidated me more then he should've and Jay noticed when his brother deep voice spoke and he witnessed me shiver.

"The, 'newbies.' has names jackass." Antonio responded rolling his eyes and Jays brother chuckled,

"You must be with one of them." He motioned between me and Bria, "Which one of the ladies are the unlucky one." He raised a brow playing with his lip piercing in between his teeth.

"Did your mother ever raise you with manners?" Bria snapped back rolling her eyes and gathering her hair to put in a loose low pony before crossing her arms and sitting back and when the boy only smirked she spoke once more, "I'm guessing she didn't."

"So is it you baby?" He leaned forward, "You're quite the feisty one." He teased with a faint smile on his lips.

"And you're quite the dick" She mimicked with a smile of her own but I can tell she was annoyed,

"I believe this dick is in for good use." He smiled showing his teeth and the small dimple on his left cheek.

"Enough!" Jay yelled and I fliniched at the sound turning my head towards his direction and I can see the irritation etched on his face, "Jackson sit back down. You wanted to introduce yourselves, hurry the fuck on."

"Well.." Jays mother cleared her throat, "clearly my manners I taught my sons wasn't enough." the mother responded quite blissful with a smile, "My name is Ara and this is my son Jackson but he already made quite the impression." She introduced.

"You think." I mumbled and she was quick to flicker her eyes on me, "Oh my goodness." I chuckled, "Did I say that out loud? well hi nice to meet you my name is Baila and this is my younger sister Bria." I introduced us as well giving her one of my best smiles,

"I'm Quinn." Quinn showed her teeth giving one of her gentle welcoming smiles as well, "Jocelyn girlfriend." she cleared up and the mother nodded with a smile and Jocelyn was quite shocked by it but smiled herself.

"So.. are y'all like, apart of the mafia as well?" Jackson crossed his arms over his chest leaning back against the black chair. I shook my head and he chuckled, "Why? I mean everyone works her besides what? you three?"

"I don't find justice in fighting people and killing, or dealing drugs and threatening people. It's not for me." I answered honestly almost feeling sick as I thought about doing or giving drugs away thinking of my mother and what she put me through.

Jackson nodded, "And you?" He asked Quinn seeming very curious.

"I don't work in the mafia but I work for the mafia, i'm a underground stripper for Jays club." She was very blunt about her response not ashamed what so ever and I adored that.

"Nice to know, and you gorgeous?"

"I dance and attend school, I don't need to kill or fight people to show how much power I have. At the end of the day there will always be angels and devils, I happen to be in the middle of it enough." Baila shrugged.

Lorenzo wrapped his arm around her like a protective father and I can almost smile. Ara cleared her throat once again, "As you know the mafia ball is in a couple of days." Ara's smooth voice spoke, "I'm assuming you all have dates?" she asked around the table and everyone but Lorenzo nodded and she flickered her eyes on him giving him a short smile but when he looked down at the table her smile vanished, "Great." she folded her hands on top of the table, "People should be arriving the day of the ball, and we all know that it starts midnight. It's a mascaraed ball and the Russian mafia will be hosting it." 

Once I heard that part I looked at Jay shaking my head, "Wh-What? the Russian?" I was puzzled and confused, Jay said he was hosting the ball... right?

"Yes sweetie, the Russian mafia." She spoke to me slowly like I was dumb and that quite provoked me.

"What does she mean the "Russian" Mafia, Jay." I looked at him with anger already pissed off by everything and now this.

"I have a lot on my plate with shit right now Baila, I can't get everything ready so the Russians will be taking over with the ball." unlike me he was calm but I can tell by how harsh he was biting on his jaw and how sharp his jawline was he was as annoyed with this whole situation as me.

Okay... I need to be reasonable here, I was very much pissed at Jay but I also can tell that he probably didn't know that all this would be happening. We only had two days until saturday, Ethan is leaving tonight which is good on his part he doesn't need to be involved in all of this anyways.

I nodded my head leaving it at that.

"So if the Russians are throwing the ball then what game is going to be planned?" Antonio asked,

"You know whoever throws the ball likes to surprise the other mafias." Jackson grinned and I rolled my eyes.

Surprise the other mafias? surprise how...

"Baila and I are going out tonight we'll be back in the evening tomorrow, where we can discuss more." Jay nodded his head before getting up from his seat.

I turned my head squinting my eyes and tightening my teeth, "Where?" I could mentally bang my head from all the "surprises." today.

"Go pack up and ill be in the car." He smirked, "Please."

I look around the table while everyone's eyes was on mine, "I'll be back." and I got up and headed towards the stairs.

I didn't re read it so there may be some grammar issues, I apologize ahead of time.