Chapter 25

Flowers and stars are things my mother said I reminded her of, she would tuck me in bed and move a piece of my hair off my forehead as she kissed it and told me a tale.

A tale of how a beautiful girl would soon be free playing with the flowers in her garden, I always asked her what she meant by that? and she alway told me I would soon find out. I always asked her why she called me her little flower and her little star and she would just smile.

Looking outside the car as rain was on the window we drove back from the airport after dropping off Ethan, and him promising he'll visit again.

"What are you thinking about." Jay asked, eyes on the rode one hand on the wheel and the other rubbing his chin, eyes slightly squinted looking ahead and half his dark brown hair to the side.

"Where are we going?" I responded, curiosity you could call it but also making sure he wasn't trapping me so he could murder me and erase me from the world.

"A place."

"What place?"

"Somewhere."

"It's pouring outside." I turned my head looking at the side of his face, the only light being from the moon outside and the headlights of the car enchanting him.

"I can see that, baby."

I turned my head back at the window, "I sometimes wish it would always rain." I placed one finger on the window shield tracing the little rain drops. Jay stayed quite and I took that as a sign to continue, "I always like the rain, it helped me sleep better at night. Bria was always scared of it, the thump, thump, thump." I repeated, "She never liked it; but I did. It was a escape place for me." I confessed not bothering to look at him as I spoke my thoughts, "I sometimes think rain is the way my grandma talks to me, she always took me out on rainy days in a little black rain coat and purple rain boots, tied my hair up in a pony and kissed me on my head and danced with me in the rain. It was her escape as well." And then once I was done I looked at him,

"What happened to her?" he focused on the road only giving me side glances making sure I was okay or something but I kept my eyes on the road as well,

"She died from lupus." I blurted out shrugging my shoulders, "She tried to hide it, small marks on her arms she covered up, eye bags, then it was hard to cover the hair loss. She could've told us earlier, ask for help...but she didn't. Maybe to keep my sanity? but who really knows, the women was quite like my father—mysterious, quite, hidden in the dark but she's gone now." I turned my attention to him, "are we close?" I changed the subject feeling a slight shiver in my spine from the memory's.

Jay noticed and nodded his head quickly understanding the slight change, "Almost." he teased with a chuckle leaving his throat and I smiled at the sound feeling my cheeks blush up.

Jay was a beautiful man, powerful and mysterious in some ways I found comfort in him and in other ways he scared me. No, not because he was in a mafia but because of how close he was getting, how close to my heart he was. I needed him in a way, small stuff he did or even just the sound of his laugh made me smirk.

I laid my head on the window, letting my eyes flutter close and listening to the sound of the rain drops. I jumped at the contact of a hand touching mine and squinting my eyes open I smiled seeing that it was the man with tattoos, his hand in mine holding tightly and mine in his holding on his as they both laid on my lap. I finally close my eyes dreaming of the mysterious man.

____

I woke up hearing the car door slam, looking outside of the window I see Jay walking into a house; it was a small black wooden house, two chairs on the left side with a table in the middle. I look around seeing how it's dark outside. I open the car door closing it behind and zipping up the sweater I wore.

The house was located around a bunch of trees, from a distance you can see a lake with a bridge with a small light, lighting it.

I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist holding me against them, from the body heat and the kisses that they plant across my jaw line I already know that it's Jay, "Where are we?" I spoke quietly for some reason letting my eyes flutter shut as he made his way down my neck,

"My grandfathers lake house." He turned me around and I can see the smile he has on his lips, "It's kinda chilly so let's go inside." He grabs my hand without me responding and without hesitation I follow behind.

Inside the house was more spacious then outside made it seem, their was a fire place, a longing room and a kitchen, with a bathroom and bedroom at the far hallway; the floors was a grayish wood and the walls were made of wood which wasn't shocking.

A small yawn leaves my lips as we walk farther in the wooden house, "Did you eat today?" he questions closing and locking the door behind but still hand and hand with me.

I nod my head my eyes slowly fluttering close from the exhaustion and headache of today but I still keep them open slightly, "We can head to bed."

I shake my head, "No, no i'm okay." I crack a small smile trying to show that I am fine, but he doesn't take no for an answer.

Walking me too the room down the hall he opens to doors, landscaping the room in front of me. And it was gorgeous.

Jay places our things on the floor walking towards the bed, he then removes his shirt revealing the few chest tattoos there. "I'll put some of the things in the drawer tomorrow, we won't be here for long." he confirms throwing on a white shirt and tossing the button up he previously wore on the bed.

I walk over on the other side, picking it up and slowly removing the close Im wearing, "My head is pondering me." I start a small conversation, "I guess it's because of everything that has happened today, happened so quickly." I continue removing my pants and pulling on the button up.

"It's a lot to take in, which is understandable if you want I can make you some tea and get you some pills?"

"No, no it'll be gone tomorrow." I chuckle a bit. I get underneath the covers and grab the remote that's on the small table next to the bed, moving a little to get comfortable and settled.

"I always liked birds." Jay spoke whatever came to his mind,

"What kind of birds?"

"Doves," he turned on his side facing me; gently brushing his finger on my cheek turning my head towards his, "they flow gently and their color is beautiful. A reason why my favorite color is black and white." He kept going, "My mother loved doves as well, had two in the house one for Jocelyn and another for me she said we reminded her of them."

I loved how Jay was opening up to me, it made me feel happy as a small smile made its way on my lips as he kept talking flawlessly and I listened, watching his lips move and fluttering my eyes close as he thumb moved back and forth on my cheek, "you're so beautiful Baila, I will never let anything bad happen to you." I opened my eyes and stared into his brown ones slowly leaning for a kiss making sure to lock in his words.

And those words stuck with me, Jay.

**I didn't re read this, so again may be some grammar issues.**