The Friends

Sapphire slowly began to move within her brother's comforting embrace, wanting to be free again. Oak understood her message and released her quickly, before shifting away slightly. She looked up at him and a small smile formed.

Oak then titled his head down towards her, whispering in her ear, "Do you want to meet my friends?" Sapphire gave a small, nervous nod. That was all Oak needed to begin the introductions.

"Alright, so let's start on this side, this is the left side, you've got Kinkajou then Turtle, Qibli, Moon, Winter - who's always grumpy, Makara, Cobalt, Pheonix and Sunfire the twins, then Starweaver and Brightlight, who are also twins. And I think, that is everyone." The only name that truly stood out to Sapphire was Winter. The white dragon literally depicted his name; cold. Other than that, the others were mostly a blur.

The entire group looked to be around the same age, with Sapphire being the youngest. Of course, after introductions were over, several dragons made their way over to them, wanting to personally meet the new sibling. The first to make it over was the bright one, followed by a green one who was lighter than Oak but still dark. The bright one was exetremly cheerful, almost too much so. The darker one seemed more quiet, balancing out the other's excitement with calm intrigue.

As the others came and went, the time soon came when the yellow, black and white dragons came up together. Sapphire flinched at the white's, Winter's, cold and disinterested scowl. His muscles were tense, almost as though he was holding himself tightly, not relaxing in the slightest. Choosing not to run, Sapphire stayed put, but shifted closer to Oak for comfort. The black dragon was sweet, with an almost understanding look, while the yellow was friendly.

Winter, however, stayed put with his never-changing scowl. Sapphire tilted her head in his direction, causing his gaze to shift to her. Avoiding eye contact, Sapphire glanced over his tense body, looking for any sign that the tension would dissapate. There were none. When nothing changed, Sapphire looked away, feeling the day creeping up on her.

Shifting over to her parent's, she made her way to her father's side, finding comfort in his prescence. Her father shot her a grin before returning to the conversation with her mother's friends. Since she had left to meet her sibling's friends, three more dragons had joined the conversation. A deep blue one and two black. The conversation faded as Sapphire let herself fall into a dreamless sleep.

***

Winter looked at the blue dragonet. She was different, and he wasn't sure if it was good or bad. She was oddly skinny for a three year old. When he was three, he had already built up some muscle, but this one was tiny. It almost made him wonder what had happened to her. But, he was an IceWing, a prince at that. And as Prince of the IceWings, and nephew to the Queen, he didn't need to care about simple matters such as a dragonet. Still, he couldn't help his wandering thoughts..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! This one took me a bit to write and I kind of ran out of things to put in here, which is why it is shorter than the previous ones. Either way, have a great week!