Darkness

Welcome to the first official chapter of Secrets & Promises!!!! I'm not going to spoil anything, so read on! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark. It had always been dark. She could see the outline of the walls, the door where they would come in. Closing her eyes, the dragonet rested her head on her front talons. The last time she had eaten had been days, possibly a week or more. They gave her water though, just enough to keep her alive.

She was small. Smaller than most dragonets her age. Not that she really knew how old she was or her birthdate. All she knew was her name and small flashes of her parent's faces. She knew one of them to be dark while the other bright. That was it.

Her 'owners' hadn't even told her what type of dragon she was. She had learned nothing. Knew nothing of the dragons or history. Barely even how to speak. Though, she wasn't allowed to speak. If they heard her, it would get worse.

The only thing that wasn't dark, was when she was moved to a different cave. One with a hole in the roof, the moons shining through. That only happened if she was good. Not that she did anything wrong. It was in their opinion.

Closing her eyes, the dragonet tried to sleep, hoping that they would leave her be for one night. Alas, it never happened. She heard them before lifting her eyes to the door. Their laughter and harsh words. Telling each other what they were going to do.

Sighing, the dragonet prepared for what was to come. It was inevitable. There was no escape. None whatsoever. And no one was going to save her. The only constant? Darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So? How was that? Leave comments! Have a great week!