Rescue

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oak was... not happy, to say the least. When he woke up to find his little sister gone, only to find her curled up with the IceWing prince, was not a good start to his already awful morning of imprisonment. Not that he could tell it was morning, but his internal clock said to wake up so he did.

But, being the good big brother he is, he let his sister sleep. Especially since he hadn't seen her sleeping that peacefully in a while, ever since she had joined him and Firefly in their rooms. The look of peace and content on her face was enough for him not to wake the two of them up. Though, his mercy didn't last long as she soon woke up on her own.

Sapphire blinked and tensed up, not sure where she was until she felt the cool presence next to her. Feeling that it was Winter, she relaxed almost immediately. Oak didn't miss that little moment. Winter was the next to stir, almost as if he sensed that Sapphire was awake. Shaking his head slightly, he shifted and glanced down at the blue dragonet beside him.

Feeling his gaze, the tips of Sapphire's ears turned a soft pink. Oak snorted, disrupting them and waking the other two dragonets in the cave. When they were all fully awake, they lie there in wait. For what they weren't sure. And they would wait for what seemed like weeks. Though, it would've only been a few days, seeing as they only slept a couple of times the rest of the time being spent sharing stories and memories.

It was on there third or fourth day of being there, when they heard a commotion. There was thudding and yells coming from down the hall. Qibli was quick to ready his tail and Oak did the same with his venom. Sapphire shifted into a hunting crouch with Winter positioned at her side with his frost breath coming, not that it would help against IceWings.

Then there was silence, nothing could be heard from the cell. Next came a shadow lurking, followed by another. The dragonets all bared their teeth, snarling a warning. "Oh thank the moons you're all alright!" The voice was recognizable, one that Sapphire and Oak knew very well. "Mother?" They chorused, confused.

The shadow faded into a beetle green dragonets with amber tints. "Who else would it be? Did you think I would let your father have all the fun?" At that Oak laughed, seeing his father clearly now as he picked the lock on the cell. The door opened soon and the dragonets filed out. "Alright, we need to get out of here. We knocked out most of the guards and Tsunami is guarding them. Let's go!"

They all made their way through the seemingly endless tunnels as quickly as possible, not wanting to be trapped down here. When they finally reached the outside, the dragonets all blinked, trying to adjust to the sheer brightness of the outdoors. Tsunami then appeared from the tunnels, having heard their escape and came to join them.

The group of dragons leapt into the sky, leaving the caves below. As nightfall approached, they had gotten to the halfway point between the rainforest and the school, where the groups would be parting in the morning.

Sapphire, unbeknownst to the others, was not planning on returning to the school. She had too much to think about, especially since this was the second time she had been captured, by the same dragons no less. It wasn't safe for her, or the other dragonets at the school if she continued going.

Winter, was planning on going wherever Sapphire went, whether she went back home or to the school. He didn't care what his parents would say, he only wanted to protect her. And if protecting her meant leaving his family and home forever, then so be it.

***

Morning came, and the dragons parted. Oak was confused at first as to why Sapphire wasn't with him when him, Qibli and Moon prepared to follow Tsunami back to the school. "Saph, you aren't coming?" She shook her head, "I can't." He gave a small nod of understanding, before following the others into the sky.

Glory and Deathbringer glanced at each quizzically, wondering why Winter wasn't going with them. "Winter? Aren't you going back to the school?" He shook his head, simply stating, "No. I wish to go to Rainforest with you, if that is okay?" Glory nodded, "If it is alright with your family, yes." Winter shook his head again, "They wouldn't want me to, but I don't wish to return home."

Deathbringer nodded then, "Of course, you're welcome to stay in the Rainforest. So long as you don't tell them that we forced you to come as we haven't. I do not think any of us wish to start a war." Winter nodded, grateful to them for not questioning him further. The four dragons then leapt into the sky, heading towards the Rainforest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly shorter chapter, but the next few will probably be slightly shorter as this book is just about over. Sad, I know, but I have more books on the way! Hope you enjoyed and have a great week!