Reunion

Bit of a few different POV changes in this chapter, just a warning!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glory was resting. Deathbringer was next to her, being the ever vigilant bodyguard he was. There was a small crashing sound heard. Having been trained to pick up noise from far away, one of Deathbringer's ears flicked towards the noise, the other staying trained on his sleeping Queen.

When the noise grew louder and closer, it morphed into something like a dragon crashing through the forest. On alert, Deathbringer shifted into a hunting crouch, ready for anything. During Suntime, all of Glory's hidden guards were asleep, leaving Deathbringer has her only protection.

Although Deathbringer didn't doubt his skills, it was always an added bonus when you had camouflaged dragons with sleeping darts at your back. When a SandWing crashed onto a platform, everything erupted into chaos. The dragons on the platform were shocked awake and slowly woke up, blurry eyed and sluggish.

Deathbringer rolled his eyes. Something shifted behind him, it seemed his Queen had woken up with the crash. Twisting his head slightly, Deathy watched Glory stretch slightly and blink before turning to look at him, a question in her eyes. Motioning for her to come over, Glory complied. Soon seeing the issue.

Glory cleared her throat, and an almost seventh sense appeared throughout some of the better trained RainWings. A few heads popped up, not wanting to wake up but not wanting to annoy their Queen. A smug smile slid onto Deathbringer's face.

Glory's tail twined with his own as she moved closer. "Why are you here?" The SandWing looked up with a hint of fear. "U-urgent message from Q-Queen Thorn." Glory nodded before taking off, heading to her Pavillion. Deathbringer followed and motioned the SandWing to follow as well.

Once there, Glory turned to the SandWing, "Well?" A piece of parchment was quickly handed over to her. Glory's eyes scanned the page before her eyes widened. A shocked look crossed her face, colors swirling over her scales before she controlled herself.

"Glory?" Deathbringer spoke quietly. "They found her," Glory whispered. Deathbringer's eyes widened. Not having to question who was found. "I'll go get Granduer." Glory nodded before dismissing the SandWing. Taking a deep breath, Glory turned and sat upon her elevated platform, still stunned.

***

Sapphire paced nervously. It had been a few days since she had been found. Now was hopefully when she would be meeting her parents. As she waited, her mind was racing, wondering who her parents were and if they would even remember her. Or if they would be like the pale dragons.

A knock came from the wall, Sapphire jolted towards the entrance to her room, seeing Six-Claws standing there. "It's time."

Following him out, Sapphire felt nervous, wondering if her parents would hate her. As they got closer to Thorn's meeting room, the more anxious she got. When they arrived, Sapphire stayed hidden behind Six-Claws.

Words could be heard from inside the room. "-so much. I don't know what I can do to thank you." Thorn's light chuckles sounded, comforting Sapphire slightly. If the Queen was at ease with her parents, then they couldn't be bad. At least, she hoped.

***

Glory and Deathbringer sat across from Thorn, exchanging pleasantries. Thorn looked up at the newcomer. "Come in, Six-Claws." Six-Claws entered the room, a shadow behind him.

Glory was almost shaking with anticipation. She was finally meeting her second daughter. Looking at Deathbringer, she could tell he felt the same. Thorn grinned, "Come on out, Sapphire, these ones won't hurt you." At those words, Glory saw Deathbringer flinch slightly.

A small, thin dragonet inched her way out from behind Six-Claws. The dragonet was a deep blue in coloring with black spikes and top scales and a lime green speckling towards her talons. Fear, Glory noted. When the dragonet looked up from the floor, her sapphire eyes were wide in wonder and curiosity.

"Sapphire," Glory breathed. Named for her eyes, Sapphire seemed to freeze slightly, not understanding how this dragon knew her name. "It's alright, I won't hurt you." Glory shifted slightly towards the dragonet, wanting to be close to her.

Her motherly tone had Sapphire moving closer, eyes still wide. "M-mother?" Glory nodded, her eyes growing glassy.

***

Sapphire wanted to jump into her mother's arms, but was unsure. The only invitation she needed came when her mother lifted her wing invitingly. That was all she needed before throwing herself into her mother.

Her mother's wings folded around her, keeping her close. It was almost instinctual. Staying there for a few moments, Sapphire relished in the feeling of safety her mother's wings provided. Her mother loosened her grip, looking down at her.

"There's someone else you should meet." Glory shifted so Sapphire could see the big, black dragon. His intimidating posture seemed to falter when he looked at her. "Sapphire, this is your father." Sapphire blinked. Taking a step from her mother's protective embrace, Sapphire moved closer to her father, staying within fleeing range.

Sapphire's father lowered his head to her level. Seemingly lost for words, her father simply stared at her before looking towards her mother, seeming slightly lost. "What am I supposed to say? I'm your dad? I think she's already got that part. I'm not going to hurt you? I don't know how to this, Glory-" Sapphire's mother, Glory, rolled her eyes in exasperation, before nudging Sapphire into her father.

Wanting to recoil, Sapphire almost jumped out of her father's arms. Almost. If she thought her mother's embrace felt safe, nothing could compare to her father's. His dark wings seemed to shelter her from the outside world. Sapphire collapsed into his embrace, feeling warm and safe.

When her father released her, Sapphire just moved closer, not wanting to lose the feeling of protection. Her father's grin widened, "Ha! I'm the favorite this time!" Glory rolled her eyes, her smile not wavering.

"Thorn, would you mind if we stayed tonight? I think today has been exhausting enough of Sapphire, and she's got quiet the journey to make tomorrow." Thorn nodded quickly, "Of course, you can stay in Sapphire's room." Glory nodded in thanks.

"C'mon, Sapphire, let's turn in for the night." Giving a small nod, Sapphire began leading the way to her room, her parent's following closely. When they reached the room Sapphire almost collapsed on her makeshift bed. Exhaustion wore at her as her parents chuckled and moved closer.

Her father was the first to lay down, her mother laying down after, close to her father. Opening her wing, Glory invited Sapphire in. The dragonet curled into her mother's side, warmth spreading throughout her body. Glory's wing wrapped around her, and her father's wing wrapped around them both.

Huddled together, the newly found family drifted into sleep, peaceful and happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, that was the longest chapter I have ever written for any of my books on Wattpad! Around 1140 words, that's a lot for me, lol. Hope y'all enjoyed and have a great week!