Meeting

Blinking, Sapphire shifted. The more aware she was, she realized her mother was still next to her, wide awake. Smiling up at her, Sapphire stretched, warming up her limbs.

"Good morning. You get to pick where we go today, okay?" Sapphire nodded, confused. She had options? "Alright, we can either go home, or we can go see your brother and sister. You pick." Sapphire's eyes widened.

"I have a brother and sister?" Glory's eyes widened as the dragonet whispered. Seemingly in shock that Sapphire had spoken. Glory nodded slowly, a smile spreading across her features. "Want to go meet them?" Sapphire nodded quickly, her eyes wide. "Alright, let's get your father and head to Jade Mountain Academy."

Shooting to her feet, Sapphire looked to her mother expectantly. Glory laughed in response, leading the way out of the room. As they walked, Glory began telling stories of her other children. Sapphire listened intently as her mother rambled on about her brother, Oak's, writings and her sister, Firefly's, bossy attitude. At first, Sapphire was scared to meet her sister, thinking that she might hurt her. The closer they got to Jade Mountain, her parents taking turns carrying her as she was unable to fly.

It was when the mountain was in sight, that Sapphire began to get nervous. Her thoughts taking advantage of her mind. As her thoughts spun, she was thrown out of her daze when her parents landed. Her eyes widened as she took in her surroundings. A huge mountain jutted from the ground, filled with several dragons flying around the peaks and in and out of cave entrances.

"We've arrived just in time, it seems they're in between classes or during mealtime. C'mon Sapphire, let's find Sunny or Tsunami, they'll be able to tell us where-" Her mother was cut off when a yellow blur tackled her. Sapphire jumped, almost tackling her father in her fright. Her father was quick to wrap his wings around her, chuckling all the while.

"It's alright, Saph, it's just Sunny. She's one of your mother's friends, she won't hurt you." Not eased by her father's words whatsoever, Sapphire quivered in fear, wanting nothing more than to runaway, but unwilling to leave her parents. "Wait, Glory? Is this-" Glory nodded, her grin widening. The little gold dragon, Sunny, seemed to make an almost.. squealing noise. She bounced over the where Sapphire was hiding with her father.

As an almost subconsious instinct, Sapphire's scales shifted color, a smooth, deep black sliding over her, melding her color into her father's. One second she was there, the next she was just a shadow. Sunny's jaw dropped. "Glory! She has the camoflage you do! Where'd she go?!" Her father laughed, "Sunny, she's still here. Sapphire, come on out, Sunny wouldn't even hurt a fly."

Slowly, Sapphire moved away from her father, her scales gradually shifted back to her deep, indigo blue. Turning around, Sapphire faced Sunny, trying not to show her fear. Sunny gave her a warm smile, "Hi, I'm Sunny." Sapphire nodded, slowly. Glory chuckled, "Sunny, where can we find my other children?" Sunny nodded, before calling out, "Clay!"

A big, burly brown dragon came limping out of the mountain, followed by a deep blue one. Both dragons made their way over to the group, talking all the while. "-need to stock up on some more chickens and maybe- Oh, hey Glory, Deathbringer." Her parents smiled at the new dragons, before beginning to talk.

Sapphire's attention diverted off of her parents and to her surroundings. Examining the area around her, Sapphire listened for noises apart from her parents. Birds could be heard, a few crickets. Taking a step, Sapphire moved closer to the meadow on the edge of the forest. The closer she got the more at ease she felt. Being alone, with grass sheltering her, huge trees shading her.

Sapphire felt her scales shift colors to match her surroundings, ever changing and shifting. A dark, woodsy green dappled with yellow that shifted with every second that passed. Suddenly, her peace was disrupted by her parent's frantic calls. Whirling around, her scales shifted to a lime green showcasing her sudden fear.

"There you are! What are you doing over here?" Glory questioned, her voice slightly tinged with fear. Sapphire's head dropped, gaze falling to the ground. Glory let out a small sigh, "You're not in trouble, I was just scared I'd lose you again." Sapphire nodded, still fearful. "Alright, ready to meet your siblings? And their friends, of course."

Glancing up, Sapphire nodded, and followed her mother back over to the mountain. Waiting there were her mother's friends, along with a purple dragonet, a dark green one, a lighter green one, one that was way too bright, a yellow, a black, and a white. Walking over to the group was two blue dragonets, two maroon ish ones and two black.

As they came to a stop by the group, Sapphire took one glance at the white dragon and darted behind her father. Everyone went quiet, Glory broke the silence first. "Oak, Firefly, this is your little sister, Sapphire."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another long one! Hope you enjoyed!