Found

A feeling of floating washed over her. The ground disappeared from below her. One crystal blue eye cracked open to see the golden ground moving beneath her. Closing her eyes once more, Sapphire faded in and out of consciousness before being laid on something smooth.

There was movement all around her and several voices caused a ringing in her sensitive ears. Scrunching her eyelids, Sapphire twitched, trying to curl in on herself. A mumbled shout was heard, something Sapphire couldn't understand.

Something cold and wet touched her nose. Flicking out her tongue, she found it to be water. More quickly followed and she found herself being rejuvenated in the slightest. Some of her strength returned and her eyes opened, adjusting slowly to the brightness.

Several pale yellow dragons were surrounding her. Taking a second to recognize the situation, Sapphire jumped into defense mode, her fangs bared and ruff flared. With her brain functioning again, words went from a garbled mess to coherent sentences.

"Whoa! Calm down there, little one! We're not going to hurt you." Seeing as they weren't attacking, Sapphire relaxed slightly, still alert for any movement against her. A sandy colored dragon with darker speckles was the one who had spoken.

Looking into her dark eyes, there was an almost motherly look, covered by a stoney mask. Blinking, Sapphire looked to her, tilting her head slightly in question. Knowing she had her attention, the speckled dragon spoke, "What's your name?"

"Sapphire," came the mumbled response. The dragon's eyes widened slightly in surprise and recognition before she turned to the male dragon beside her. "Six-Claws, does that name sound familiar to you?" The dragon, Six-Claws, thought for a moment before giving a small nod in response.

The female turned back to Sapphire. "Well, Sapphire, I'm Thorn. Queen Thorn of the SandWings to be exact. Who are your parents?" Sapphire shook her head. Thorn - Queen Thorn - seemed to get the message and nodded slightly, looking to be in thought.

"Do the names Glory and Deathbringer ring a bell at all?" Another shake of her head. Queen Thorn "hmm" ed to herself. "How about a green dragon and a black dragon?" Blurred shapes formed in Sapphire's mind, fragments of her memories. A small nod.

Thorn grinned slightly, pleased with herself. "Six-Claws, I need our fastest messenger. I believe it's time for Sapphire here to meet her family." At the word family, Sapphire's head shot up, her eyes wide. Six-Claws gave a wry smile at the dragonet's excitement.

"Alright, little one, let's get you settled in for the night." Sapphire followed the Queen as she lead their way through the stone fortress. In a daze, Sapphire couldn't seem to think of anything else besides her family. Her family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In light of the holidays, I decided to post a chapter of this as well as a chapter of Nonexistent. Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and I have many stories in the pre-writing stages! Have a great day and happy holidays!