Realization

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sapphire paced within the tree hut that she shared with her family. Her face was one of sheer concentration. It had been about a week since the kidnapping incident, and Sapphire had been nonstop training and mulling things over. She wanted- no needed a solution. She had to fix the issue of Frostbite and her followers.

And the only way she could about succeeding, would be to take out Frostbite and imprison her loyal followers. How she was going to do that from the safety of the rainforest was the question she had been asking herself.

Frustrated, she let out a huff before making her way outside the hut. Plopping down at the edge of the platform, she gazed out at the horizon, the sounds of the village behind her. Her ears flicked back as she heard a dragon land behind her and make their way over to her side. Winter laid himself next to her, gazing out in the same direction, wondering what had her so frustrated that brief starbursts of orange and red were bleeding into her indigo scales.

Still not open to much affection, Sapphire stayed put instead of shifting closer to him. So he took the chance to intertwine their tails slowly and carefully, giving her time to move away. When she didn't, a small smirk flitted across his mouth. He had adjusted fairly well to life in the forest, the only thing still bothering him was the heat and humidity.

"What's got you all mad, hmm?" Winter questioned, not expecting an answer. Sapphire huffed again, eyes narrowing the slightest bit. "I just- I don't know what to do."

"About?" He prompted. "Frostbite." Nodding, he understood her dilemma as it had been troubling her ever since the incident. He watched as she lost herself to her thoughts once more. Smiling softly, he simply continued looking at the horizon and occasionally glanced back to see her still spaced out.

Winter saw it when she found her answer. He watched as her eyes lit up and a near gasp escaped her mouth. Sapphire was quick to get up and start moving towards the village. Knowing he wasn't going to get an answer right away, Winter simply followed her.

It was when they reached the Queen's Pavilion that he understood part of her plan. Or at least, that she needed to talk to her parents about it. When she bypassed the lines of dragons outside, he realized that it was urgent. All the RainWings, and some NightWings, in the line stepped aside when they saw the Princess and her makeshift escort.

Sapphire barged into her parents as they were conversing quietly in between hearings. They both looked up at her rather unusual entrance. "Sapphire, what's wrong?" Her mother was the first to recover, as usual. "I need to leave." Both her parents seemed shocked at her response. "Why is that? You're safe here." Sapphire sighed and shook her head.

"I am, but the rest of the forest isn't. If I stay here, and Frostbite comes back she could endanger all the dragons who live here. So I need to go, and take her down." Deathbringer nodded thoughtfully, "Or, we could just send a couple of assassins to take her down, including me." Sapphire shook her head sharply, "No. If anyones going it's going to be me. I've had more training than everyone else in this forest except for you, dad. I need to go."

Glory then spoke up, "I understand, but there's too many reasons for you not to go. One being that you are one of my heirs, and you kind of have to stay alive to be Queen." Sapphire furrowed her eye arches, "What if I wasn't your heir? Is there a way to formally denounce my position as heir and Princess? There has to be." Glory looked shocked, "You really want to give up your chance at being Queen? There's no going back."

Sapphire nodded, "I never wanted to be Queen, all I have ever wanted is what I have. I don't need to be Queen for that." Glory nodded understandingly. "Glor, you can't actually be thinking about letting her go out there by herself?"

Winter stepped in, "She wouldn't be by herself. I'll go with her." Sapphire started to protest, but Winter cut her off. "I've been training all my life, I'll be helpful and it'll be less obtrusive to have me rather than a dozen RainWings following you." Sapphire sighed, defeated. Deathbringer went to protest again, "Deathy." He looked to his wife, "She needs to go." Deathbringer seemed to understand the meaning behind her words and nodded.

"Okay, I'll arrange the ceremony to be held in a week. That will give me enough time to get your siblings here and for you to prepare. Understood?" Sapphire and Winter nodded. "Good, now go. Enjoy your week and prepare well."

Sapphire and Winter took that as a dismissal and quickly left to begin training. Although, when they reached the clearing they normally trained in, Sapphire turned on Winter and lunged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two chapters left! Hope you enjoyed and have a great week!