•11•

*Haylee's POV

I open my eyes, and it's dark. "Shit. We fell asleep." I say looking at Chase, his drool hitting the pillow.

I give him a push on the shoulder. "Chase, we fell asleep." I laugh, him opening his eyes slowly, a smirk forming on his face. "I told you I didn't wanna fall asleep. And here we are." He smiles.

"It's cause I feel so comfortable laying next to you. I don't have a choice but to fall asleep." I laugh. "Wanna take a walk?" Chase asks. "Sure."

We go outside, it's a nice crisp 64 degrees, the moon and stars out bright.

"It's such a nice night." "I'm happy I get to spend it with my lady." Chase smiles and grabs my hand and twirls me around him.

"What a gentleman." "You know Haylee, I really think I'm in love with you." "I'm in love with you too Chase." "You mean it? Cause if you really mean it that's amazing." He says, a childish grin on his face.

"Okay, Elliott. I would never lie to you. If I didn't love you would I be standing out in the middle of the woods with you?"

"Probably not." "Exactly Chase. I love you so much." I laugh. We find a cute little bench, in the middle of nowhere. We sit and just enjoy each others company.

"Have you ever thought of the future Chase?" Chase looks over to me, Innocent eyes.

"What do you mean?" "Like with us." I say, grabbing his hand a little tighter. "I do know I can see being with you forever." Chase smiles.

"I love you. I just don't want my dad to scare you away." "Oh trust me, I can outrun him." Chase laughs. "Really though Chase, I can see being your wife, and having your kids."

"Haylee. I can see it too." Chase says giving me a sweet kiss. "We should probably head back to the cabin. I think I just heard a  coyote." Chase smirks and I nod in agreement.

The next morning comes and I roll over, seeing chases perfect hair glistening in the morning sun.

Wow. This man. This man is my forever.

My phone starts ringing and I answer it.

"What Blaney?" I ask sneaking out the front door to let Chase sleep.

"So Haylee, Wallace and I are in town and we're wondering if you are free?" "Guys, no I'm not free. Chase and I are in a cabin out in the middle of no where, and before you ask, no. You can't come."

"Oh, so I guess you're banging then. We get it." Bubba says. "No we aren't. We just want some alone time, away from the world." I laugh.

"Yeah yeah. We understand." Ryan says and shortly later hangs up the phone. I sneak back in and Chase is sitting up in bed.

"Why were you outside?" He asks confused, his shirtless body now being kissed by the sun.

"Ryan called, he wanted to hang out, I clearly said no." I laugh.

"Good call." "You're looking really hot this morning." I smirk. "Oh am I? So are you babe." Chase smirks and I melt into bed next to him and lay on his chest.

A few days pass and we head home.

"I'm gonna miss you." I pout looking at Chase. "You're gonna see me in 2 days Haylee." Chase smirks. "It's not the same. I'll be working and competing and I can't see you through that."

"Yeah. Maybe you'll see the back of my car the whole time." Chase jokes. "Very funny. But you'll be seeing the back of mine. For sure." I tease back.

"I am really proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone and racing. I know how it feels to be compared to your dad. But, making a name for yourself is always worth it." Chase smiles.

"I know. That's why I'm really trying. I want a win. Maybe even a championship." I say, thinking of all the confetti and the trophy pictures.

We pull up into my dads driveway and he comes walking out.

Oh boy.

"Why does he look mad?" I ask. "I have no idea."

I open the door and dad is next to me. "What's wrong? Why do you look so mad?" I ask conceded.
"Why did you tell Hendrick you wouldn't want to be on the same team as me?"

"Because I dont want to be in your shadow dad! I need to make a name-" "Haylee! This is such a low blow to me. Your grandfather made our family name. And now here you go, not even want to be Associated with this family!"

"Dad I-" "no. I don't want you to be here tonight. Go stay with Chase. I need time to think." Dad says turning around and walking into the house.

"Chase. Please drive away from here." "Got it babe." He says and squeezes my thigh.