•12•

I sit in Chase's truck, staring out the window. I don't understand. He should get where I'm coming from! I'm sure he didn't want to be stuck in grandpas shadow.

"Haylee...are you doing okay?" Chase asks as we finally pull into his driveway. "Yeah, I'll be okay." "Okay, well we are going inside and we are going to go eat ice cream." Chase smiles and I get out of the truck with him.

After we eat ice cream, the night flies by. I wake up the next morning to an empty bed. "Chase?" I yell.

Silence.

"Chase? Where are you?" I ask, jumping out of bed and going to the living room where chase is to be found.

"Chase? Are you okay?" I ask, wiping my eyes. "Yeah, everything's fine. Sorry I scared you, I just couldn't sleep." He sighs and smiles up at me. "God. I thought you left me or something." I chuckle and go into the kitchen.

I check my phone to see if my dad texted or called me. Nope. Not a single thing. That's really unusual for him, but sorry. I'm not going to be racing on Hendricks team.

I lay my phone back down. "Nothing from the ol pops?" Chase asks, hair scruffled. "Nope. He must really really be mad at me now. But he's got to understand where I'm at with this. I don't want to be thought of just as Dale Sr's granddaughter, and Jr's daughter. I'm more than that." I say with a sigh

Chase comes up behind me as I look out the window, trees and mountains in view. "I really like your house. It's so nice." I smile, looking up and kissing him.

"You know, I've been thinking... if you wanna,
No pressure, you can move in here with me if you want? I mean, your dad is barely home the way it is, I get it that he's protective and stuff, but he can trust me. He's known me for a long time." "Yes. When can I get my stuff?" I laugh.

"Well that was fast." Chase smirks and spins me around and kisses me long and hard.

"Chase, I really love you." "I really love you too, Haylee." He smiles his charming smile. "What do you wanna do today Mr. Elliott?" "well, I was thinking maybe we could go shoot some pool and get some wings?" "Sounds perfect." I smile and run upstairs to get ready.

As I'm getting ready, I hear Chase on the phone with someone. I push my head up to the door so I can hear him better. I know. Childish right?

"Dale. How many times do I have to tell you? She is fine here with me. I've already asked her to move her stuff in with me. She's agreed. No. You aren't going to call the police. Why would you even do that?" Chase yells and I crack the door open. He is standing at the window, looking at the driveway like he's expecting someone. I'm sure that someone is my father.

"Dale. Listen. I've been trying to be nice about this the entire time, but i don't feel like it is sinking in. Your daughter and I are going to get married one day. She is gonna want you to walk her down the aisle. Don't fuck that up for you or her. Drop your attitude and let's be adults about this. She is a 22 year old and I am a 26 year old. We are adults here. Now do your part and grow the fuck up. Goodbye." Chase says and hangs the phone up and turns Around and sees me standing there.

"Haylee. I-" "Chase it's fine. You said what needed to be said. But did you mean what you said about getting married one day?" I ask. "Of course I did." He smiles.

Aww. My heart.

"I want nothing more than one day have the last name Elliott." I say and walk downstairs and give chase a kiss.

"Let's go have a fun day baby girl." Chase smiles and grabs my hand and we head to the restaurant.