•3•

Dad comes down pit road, and gets out of his car, and is surrounded by media.

He ended up finishing 2nd, behind Tony Stewart. I walk over to the car, and he sees me and tells the media that he had somewhere to be.

He walks over to me and gives me an excited look. "Good job dad! You deserve it!" I smile and hug him. "Thank you baby. I think I had a run on Tony, just ran out of laps." Dad says, but he still is happy with the finish.

We get back to the RV and I see a text from Chase.

From: Chase ☺🏁
Hey I was thinking about what happened earlier..

To: Chase ☺🏁
About..?

From: Chase ☺🏁
The kiss on the cheek.

To: Chase ☺🏁
What of it?

From: Chase ☺🏁
I liked it..

Oh my God. What the hell do I say?

To: Chase ☺🏁
Me too.

He isn't responding?!? What?! Oh no. I messed up real bad. Oh no. Oh no.

I go out to the living room area and I have a panic in my voice.

"Dad. Something happened today and I'm freaking out." I say as I run to dad.

"What?! What's wrong? Who's ass do I have to kick?! It wasn't Elliott was it?" He asks with the look of aggression.

I stand there blankly. "Oh my God. It was Elliott." He says and my phone dings.

From: Chase ☺🏁
Well that's a relief! There's something I wanna ask, but could I come over first?

"Is that from him right now?" Dad says raising his voice. "Uh, um, uh." I stutter.

To: Chase ☺🏁
Yeah. Dad knows something's up.

From: Chase ☺🏁
That's okay. I have something to talk to him about anyway. on my way.

I put my phone in my pocket.

"What did he do to my daughter?" Dad asks. "Nothing."I reply and there is a knock at the door.

"I got it!" I say running to the door. "No. I got it." Dad says firmly and opens the door to a happy Chase.

"Dale, could I please talk to you in private?" Chase asks. "What did you do, son?!" Dad yells.

Chase calms him down and takes him outside. I peer around the window as they walk outside.

|Chase's POV|

"Dale, I have something to ask you." I say nervously. "It better be good, boy." Dale says.

"Dale, I have known you and your family basically my whole life. And I just realized something today, after being Haylee's best friend for so long, that I want to make her a happy girl, and I believe I can do it. Dale, do I have your blessing to date your daughter?" I ask, my hands shaking.

"Chase, I don't-" Dale starts, and I don't want to hear him finish, so I cut him off. "I'm sorry for asking. I understand. She is your daughter." I say starting to walk away.

"Chase Elliott! Get back here!" Dale says and I turn around and look at him. His eyes are soft, his face relaxed.

"You didn't let me finish!" He chuckles. "Okay." I say with a pit in my stomach. "Chase, I don't know why you didn't ask me sooner! I could tell you got the hots for her for a while now! I trust you with everything I got that you will treat her right. Now, go in there and get the girl." Dale says and basically pushes me into the door.

I smile back to Dale and as I turn my head, there she is. So beautiful, and she isn't even trying. She is just sitting there, looking at me, confused.

Oh shit. I'm staring.

"Um, Haylee, today I realized that I would love to be your boyfriend. I think that you are the best girl I have ever met. I promise to make you a happy girl. Will you go out with me? And I know this sounds cheesy." I laugh.

"I would love to, Chase." She smiles and I can't help but smile wide. I go over to her, and I put my hands around her face and kiss her.

"Okay. Getting a little too close Elliott." Dale laughs and I pull away and laugh. "Sorry, sir." I smile.

He shakes his head, smiling.
"If I can trust y'all for two seconds, I'm going over to Kasey's place for a bit. Be back in 30." Dale says walking out the door.

|Haylee's POV|

"Can I please talk to you about something, and promise me it won't make you mad." Chase trails off.

"What?" I ask. "About you racing." He says and I sigh and groan.
"What about it?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Why don't you wanna try it?" He asks. "Because, I don't like being compared to my dad. I am my own person." I say.

"I get where you're coming from, but I am going through the same thing, and no, it's not fun being compared so someone else, but the racing is why I do it. I think it is fun." Chase says.

"I know. I love racing. I love it with a passion. But I don't know if I could handle the pressure." I say sighing and Chase takes my hand.

"Can you try driving one for a test? It doesn't have to be permanent, or mean anything. I just wanna know if you would like it if you tried?" Chase asks.

"Man. It sounds like the only reason you wanna date me is to interrogate me about driving a race car." I say. "No! That is not the reason! I just think that if you had the chance you may like it, and it would change your mind. You never know until you try." Chase says.

"Chase. It really seems like you are pressuring me into doing something I don't want to." I say and take my hand out of his.

"I'm not pressuring you. It's just an option. It's always gonna be there if you change your mind." Chase says.

"Can I think about it and then talk it over with dad?" I ask. "Of course you can!" He smiles and pecks my nose.

"You're weird." I laugh. In comes dad, as if on cue. "Nothing dirty happened while I was gone, right?" Dad asks.

"No." I laugh. "I'm going to get going to Georgia. Going to go see mom and dad. Bye guys! Love you, Haylee." Chase says and kisses me.

"Love you Chase." I smile. "Have a good flight!" Dad says. "Thanks, I will try. Bye guys." Chase says and leaves.

"Dad. I have to talk to you about something." I say and dads sits down on the couch next to me.

"Yeah?" He asks. "Chase kept bringing up me driving a race car. Then he goes 'well, you could test one to see if you like it.' What should I do?" I ask.

"Of course I would like that idea! But it is up to you. No one can make the decision besides you." Dad says.

I see the sparkle in his eye, when he just thinks about me racing. I love when he is this passionate about this.

"I think I will do it." I smile. "You don't have to if you don't wan- wait. You just said you wanted to? Really?!" Dad says and jumps up.

"Yeah, I will try it." I smile. "This is amazing. Oh my gosh!" He says and grabs me and hugs me.

"Thank you so much! Grandpa would be so happy!" Dad says and hugs me tightly and kisses me on the cheek.

"Thank you. I love you." He says. "I love you too. Now, we need to get some rest." I say.

"I can't go to sleep now! My daughter is going to test a race car! I'll get the day and time and we are there!" Dad says and runs to his room.

I smile and chuckle at his reaction. I decide to call Chase. I lay on my bed and dial his number.

"Hey." He says. "Guess who is going to drive a race car!" I say. "No. No way Hay!" Chase says and I can hear him jump out of bed.

"I'm so excited!" Chase says. "Me too, actually." I say and I end up falling asleep to Chase's voice.