{3²⁰} {TWISTED FAITH}

∆ {3²⁰} {TWISTED FAITH} ∆

ROXI, TO EVERYONE'S surprise, was the first one to move. She moved her hand slightly, and with a twitch of her fingers, her quarterstaff flew at her after it managed to unearth itself from the mess in Tony's lab. Both Pietro and Clint only just dodged out of the way of the flying weapon, Clint rolling his eyes with a slight smirk as Roxi caught it and strode away into the corridors of the tower. He and Steve exchanged a look, both worried about the woman who refused to show emotion. They both knew that she would be holding back her emotions. Clint had known her even longer than he had known Natasha, and Steve had seen a glimpse of it at Sam's house the previous year, and even that small look had shown him how much raw emotion that she withheld, regardless of how blank she tried to seem. All they could do was hope she would be ready to apply herself fully to the oncoming battle, though there wasn't much doubt there, no matter how wild her emotions might grow. Pietro still seemed slightly unnerved by Roxi's powers, and didn't seem pleased by almost being whacked in the head by her weapon, while Wanda was watching her retreating form with a cautious curiosity that was mirrored in Vision's face. Tony and Bruce, on the other hand, didn't seem too bothered by her, and simply exchanged quick glances before moving to get their own things ready, consequentially forcing the rest of the room into motion.

Roxi took off the suit that she'd worn once she was in her room, ignoring the tears as she tried to keep herself from falling apart now that she was on her own. Her back had begun to bruise from the impact in Tony's lab, and her neck was aching from whiplash. Her fingers drifted to the fresh injury on her side as she clenched her jaw with the memory of Natasha's touch on her flesh when she'd taken care of it. If they didn't manage to get her back on this mission, Roxi didn't know what she would do. Maybe she would fall apart, loose any part of control she had, or maybe she would shut down, go back to who she'd been before she'd met Natasha, maybe worse. Either way, it wouldn't be good for her, or the people around her. It was almost unnerving how drastic the change in her character had become when she didn't know if Natasha was safe, and Roxi knew that she was becoming dependant on the beautiful redhead with softly spoken words and the ability to kick whoever's ass she chose to. That, in itself, wasn't the issue, but instead, it was exactly what she was doing. She was allowing her emotions  to get in the way of whatever it was that she needed to do.

So, she put on a fresh version of the suit, not even bothering to wash the blood off of her hands as she picked up one of Natasha's leather jackets that hung in her closet in one hand, her quarterstaff in the other. She hadn't cleaned up at all except changing her suit, and pulling her hair up into a simply braid to keep it out of her vision while she fought. She had known that someone had been standing outside her door from the moment they had been there, she just hadn't expected to be met with the slightly nervous face of Wanda Maximoff. Her eyes widened slightly as she saw Roxi in front of her, something that made the latter want to smirk. This girl, the one who had single-handedly messed up a good deal of the Avengers brains, and who could throw something through the air without touching it, was scared of her. Instead, she simply raised an eyebrow in question as to what Wanda wanted.

"Steve said I should ask you for a jacket.." she trailed off at the end of the sentence, her eyes flicking to the one Roxi held in her hand. Though, Roxi didn't give her that one, instead grabbing one of her own redder jackets, holding it out to Wanda.

"Here," Roxi's voice was slightly hoarse from its sudden lack of use, but the situation would've become uncomfortable if she hadn't said anything, and while Roxi normally wouldn't mind that, the situation they were in was a rather desperate one, and tense relationships with teammates would've help, so she would have to trust these people, even if she didn't want to. Wanda took it, with a slight murmur of