Chapter eleven: hurt

Levi couldn't think straight, his mind racing just like Erwin did speed over the highway.
Kenny.... accident...

"Levi." Erwin said, stern enough to get Levi out of his trail of thoughts but still soft enough to not startle him any further.

And Levi indeed snapped out of his thoughts, looking over to Erwin with empty, glassy eyes. "Sorry..."

Erwin sighed softly and reached over to take his hand, stroking over the back of it. "It's okay."

Once they arrived it all happened in a blur. Kenny being strapped to a bed with dozens of machines and fluid bags, his face full of bandages.
They just rolled him into the operation room, Levi just staring after the crew walking away.

Erwin carefully led him to a seat and sat down next to him, looking at him. "Levi..."

That seemed to break the walls of the smaller man, making him lean against Erwin, face buried in the crook of his neck.
Levi let out no sound, but Erwin knew he was crying, could feel the wet spots forming.

"It's going to be okay, Levi. I promise. He's going to make it..." Erwin quietly whispered as he rocked to side with him.

Then, four hours later, Levi finally was allowed to see Kenny, to visit him in his room, to make sure he was alive.
Erwin took his hand as they stepped into the room, which was awefully quiet with only the beeping of the heart monitor and the sound of the oxygen being pumped into the man.

Levi stood by the bed, stuck in place, not knowing What to do.
Kenny looked awful.... he never saw his uncle like that. It was scary.

Just then Erwin's Mother walked in quietly, stepping up next to Levi and wrapped an arm around him. "He's going to make it, Levi. I'm gonna make sure of that." She whispered into his hair, before kissing his forehead. "You're gonna stay with us for the time being." She continued, before rubbing his back.

Erwin watched them and swallowed, before looking to Kenny again. He didn't really knew what Kenny and Levi's relationship was like, but judging on Levi's reaction it must've been something bigger..

Days went by and Levi went to the hospital everyday in the morning and evening, making sure he was still alive. He would sit by the bed and just stare at Kenny's body, and maybe sometimes he even dared to reach out to gently stroke his hand, but quickly pulling away again, too scared of hurting him.

This probably was a hard time for Erwin and Levi's relationship, but Erwin was going to make sure to help Levi through it, to pull him out of the depressing chain of thoughts and when he woke up at night... to make him feel less horrible.
Sometimes it worked, but other times Levi only cried harder, to the point where erwin was getting scared he would hurt himself, so hard he clung into his own skin.

Erwin was horrified to see Levi like this... he never wanted to see anyone this awful.. but together they could walk it out.

It was one of the nights again where Levi woke up, scared that Kenny might've died. He hugged his shoulders and quietly sobbed, glancing out of the window.
That woke Erwin up, who sleep drunkenly wrapped his arms around Levi and pulled him back to bed, just stroking over his arm. "Remember what mom said, Levi?" He murmured.

"S-She calls when something happens..." he murmured, barely above an whisper. 

Erwin nodded a bit and opened his eyes, looking at Levi. "Exactly. And there was no call, no message... nothing. He's gonna be alright, lee. We're gonna go there tomorrow and maybe he even woke up. Okay?" He gently kissed his cheek and cuddled close.

Levi nodded and sniffled, rubbing his eyes. Of course Levi knew that, but his dark thoughts kept spinning and making him think Kenny would die..

It was around six in the morning when Levi's phone went off, a call from Erwin's mother.

"Levi! My sweet boy! Kenny woke up. I'm sure you would like to know."

Hey peeps! I'm back! Kinda! :D
You can thank the comments in the last chapter for this one. I'm sorry for being so inactive but you know, life. Lmao