6

The expedition is slowly approaching and the survey corps are preparing for the long departure ahead of them.

Captains Hange, Levi, and Y/n just arrived at Commander Erwin's office to discuss about the long mission.

The atmosphere was not that joyful.

Commander Erwin signalled them to take a seat and they did what they were told.

"So do I hear any complaints about our plans for the expedition?" Commander Erwin eyes each of them and receiving a "no" from  them.

"Good. We'll be departing 3 days from now towards the West Part of Wall Rose. Reports have been piling up about the increasing numbers of titans there. I don't know what the cause of that is but we'll have to talk about that another time. " He continued.

"How are the troops doing?" Erwin looked up the three of them. Y/n stayed quiet.

"Hehe, well..." Hange nervously laughed while slowly facing Y/n. Y/n then looked confused as to why Hange looked at her with the mention of the well-being of the cadets. As if she genuinely didn't know.

Hange sighed started stating,

"We had a few minor injuries- well , more like moderate to major injuries- but that's the minority tho. But besides that, they are ready for departure"

"Was it Y/n again?"

"It was"

And by that moment both Hange and Commander Erwin face palmed.

"Y/n.. I think you're pushing the boundaries a little too far" Erwin sighed.

"May I know how I 'pushed the boundaries' sir?" Y/n asked.

"You just injured some of our men when we were supposed to be training them. You already know that we need to have all the manpower we can get inorder to succeed in this mission."

"..."

"You just reduced our probability in  succeeding" Erwin sighed yet again, and so did Hange.

"I'm sorry Commander, I'll go easy on them next time. " Y/n firmly apologized.

~

Walking down the empty hallways,
Y/n remained quiet. She was walking on a rather slow pace.

"You are one selfish brat, you know"

Levi said as he approached Y/n .

"Excuse me?"

"I know giving them a beating or two would make them stronger in your logic but not to the extent where they get disabled because of that"

"I know I'm selfish, but who are you to call me a brat"

The two of them became quiet again as they always do whenever they converse. One was sighing while the other was piercing daggers through her eyes.

"I don't know why you're suddenly lecturing me, pretending to be a know-it-all, but it bugs me that you assume that I was acting childish on my own accord."

Levi furrowed his eyebrows not quite getting the idea Y/n was talking about.

Silence then again surrounded the two .

"What do you mean by that"

" I was meaning to say that you calling me a brat was wrong"

"And your point is?"

"That I might be older than you and you calling me a brat was not fitting for someone younger to address that to someone older-"

"I'm 36"

"..."

Y/n was now speechless but she did not show it to the man in front of her for it will tarnish her pride.

She then just walks away pretending nothing ever happened and the two of them never conversed at all.

~

Y/n shakes off the thought as she arrived at the stables .

The same cadets that she met the other day were cleaning the stables and washing the horses.

Especially one particular cadet with  tied up blonde hair, Annie. Y/n grew guilty while remembering what Commander Erwin said to her.

She was clueless to the kids' well-beings that she was carried away by the thought of sparring.

She approached her juniors.

"I see you all are doing your duties as cadets" she stated, receiving shocked faces from them.

She didn't know what to say next. She was quite hesitant.

It was her first to officially make an apology out of the blue. But she knew that she had to, especially if it was solely her fault.

But she was still struggling on what to say.

"Ehem, I  was just talking with the Commander a while ago and while talking,  I realized that I might of went too far on sparring with you the other day. So I am here to apologize"

Annie got confused at first but then bowed and accepted her apology.

"You 'realized'? How can u just realize it now- Ow!" Eren was cut off when Reiner hit him with his elbow.

"I realized my mistake and will go easy on you in the future. I couldn't realize it then but now I'm fully aware of my mistake and I'm here to take responsibility for my selfishness " The captain gave them a small smile before walking away.

"Phew!! I thought I was going to dieeeeeee!" Sasha sighed in relief .

"Me too! I was sweating all over!" Connie replied.

"Now that's just disgusting" Ymir retorting at Connie.

"Captain Y/n seems just like a dense person but is really kind when you get to know her" Historia stated.

"She looked genuinely sorry.." mumbled mikasa.

"Maybe she was actually guilty for doing that to you, Annie" Bertholdt said.

"She acted so lady-like!" Reiner sweetly added.

"Then again, she's human after all " Armin said .

"Wasn't she supposed to apologize to me too?" Jean complained.

Everyone started laughing and the atmosphere became vibrant. All that tense from work reduced into nothing now that they're all at ease.

A/n: I wanted to make Y/n less menacing here so yeah. Go promote my book or something. Lol. Anyway, have a great day, I hope u fall.