8

The sun was slowly setting and the remaining cadets were now camping outside for the time being, since they couldn't move immediately because there were a lot that were injured.

"How are the injured Heather?" Y/n asked as she slowly added firewood into the fire.

"They're fine, although captain Levi still needs time to rest" she said reassuringly.

"That's good to hear"

Heather frowned, she sat next to Y/n. Y/n looked at her confused.

"You too, should rest captain. You did a lot for our people so you should reward yourself." Heather smiled at
Y/n.

But Y/n did not give an reaction, instead she thought deeply to what Heather said.

"Our people.." she mumbled.

"Pardon?" Heather asked. Y/n turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Thank you but I'm fine."

Y/n stood up and left to go to her tent.

"She's a mysterious woman"

One of the cadets in the Crimson squad said as he approached Heather.

"Hmm!" Heather rolled her eyes and ignored the man.

"Don't talk ill about the captain! Or I'll bite your head off" she changed her tone drastically that you couldn't even tell if it was Heather at all.

The cadet shivered in fear and quickly went back to stacking equipment.

~

"What are you doing here"

Y/n said while she was startled to see the injured man that was supposed to be taking some rest stand in front of her.

"I wanted to talk"

Y/n gave him a cold stare and stated,

"I don't think there's something important to talk about-"

"You really have to tidy up your stuff here, it looks unsightly " Levi said as he inspected the tent.

"Was that the reason why you're here?" Y/n obviously annoyed.

"That and another thing"

"Well i-"

"Thank you"

She was cut off by Levi, it was the first for her to hear him showing gratitude.

She was caught off guard by the sudden confession that she looked quite confused.

"Look, I don't want this to sound cheesy and emotional, I just want to get straight to the point."

"Thank you. For saving me, I lied when I said I could have managed back there. I was actually struggling-"

"No shit man" Y/n interrupted. Receiving an annoyed expression from him.

"As I was saying, I'm grateful that you saved me. That's it, don't get too touched"

Y/n scoffed.

"What a weird way to say thanks-"

"You should really clean up, it's already suffocating me" Levi cut off
Y/n as he covers his nose.

Y/n felt more annoyed , it's the second time he cut her off and he didn't even properly thank her.

"You know what, just get the fuck out"

~

The cadets have finally arrived back to their place, the one that were left behind all came to show their respects.

The junior cadets genuinely thanked Captain Y/n for her generosity.

Y/n saw, in the corner of her eye, Armin hesitating to approach her and was upset that she couldn't say something.

She instead walked towards Armin that made him startled.

"I-I sincerely apologize for my incompetence C-Captain!-! P-please remove me from the survey corps for I am n-not worthy of this position!-!"

He finally had the courage to speak out to her although he was trembling when he did.

Y/n's eyes grew soft at how Armin was trembling.

She grabbed his shoulder , armin looked up into her eyes.

"Don't worry. I won't "

She gave him a reassuring smile.

"B-but!" He protested. He felt like he was being pitied by the captain. He hated it more.

"It's not because you're weak, everyone has a fear or two, that's nothing to be ashamed of. But as you grow, you'll learn how to fight against it. Don't pressure yourself."

By then the words of Captain Y/n had reached the hearts of the cadets. They couldn't believe such a scary woman like her have always had a soft side.

It made them relieved .

"What wonderful words" Reiner dramatically gestured.

"That's Y/n for you" Hange pretended to wipe a year from her eye.

"T-Thank you!-!" Armin said and abruptly threw his hands towards Y/n into a hug.

Y/n was startled, her body became stiff. She did not see that coming.

Reiner gasps.

"Armin why u.." he mumbled in defeat.

Y/n blushed out of shock and embarrassment, she was not familiar with skinship.

Armin then realized what he did and immediately seperated himself from the captain. He was embarrassed as well.

"I'm so sorry!!" He bowed a good 90 degrees.

"N-no .. i-its okay" Y/n tries to reassure Armin.

"Y/n looks so cute when she's startled!" Hange grinned widely.

"too loud" Levi said and walked in the building right away.

"H-hey!-! Atleast take your ointment!-!"

Hange followed Levi with his ointment in her hands.

~

"It was unfortunate that we lost comrades today, but with sacrifices comes victory! We have finally succeeded in the mission and will succeed in more to come!" Erwin shouted while standing on the table. He was hyping all the cadets and they surely shouted with him.

It was evening and they planned on celebrating their complete success in their expedition.

Beer was everywhere making everyone shout in joy. There were also meat that the commander had treated the cadets with.

It was a night to loosen up .