21

A week had passed and the survey corps became relaxed as there were less work to be done at this time of the week.

People were busy planning on their 2 day vacations since the commander had announced that the scouts can have a break from their duties. They were looking forward to it.

Y/n wasn't really excited about it, since she wasn't so sure what to do during the break. There was no where to go or no one to go to.

She couldn't hang out with Erwin since he'll be busy with work. Although he was the one who insisted on taking a break, he wasn't really applying that to himself.

And she also couldn't go out with Hange since she'll be busy experimenting on her titan pets because that was what she planned on doing during the break.

She also couldn't hangout with Heather because she was going back to her hometown and visit her family. And Y/n couldn't possibly spend time with the junior cadets since that would be so awkward for her and for them.

And then certainly, she couldn't go with Levi. It wasn't because Levi was busy, in fact,Levi did not have anything to do during the break. But ever since that incident happened a week ago, Y/n couldn't dare to face him with a straight face. She had avoided him for the whole week, and so did Levi. It would be so awkward between them even if they did meet.

"Whatever, I'll just go roaming around the inner wall..." She mumbled as she flips the newspaper she was reading.

~

"Oh, y/n!!"

Hange happily waved as she saw y/n from a mile away. It seemed like there were fewer cadets now since most of them probably left already. Hange was happy that she could see y/n before she departs.

Y/n notices Hange and correspondingly approached her.

"You haven't left yet?" Y/n asked Hange.

"Weeeell, I still need to do some work before leaving so yeah here I am *suddenly stares at y/n mischievously* How about you? Why are you still here??" She nudges her elbow at y/n.

"Honestly, I don't know what to do, and I don't know where to go" y/n lazily said.

"That's weird. Levi said the exact same thing when I asked him...Is this somehow a coincidence?? *stared playfully* or are you two planning to go on a secret couple trip together that I didn't know of!?" She excitingly screamed in joy. Y/n had panicked, she didn't want to hear about anything regarding Levi since she'll reminisce the embarrassing past that had occured before. Little did she know she was turning red.

"I told you already!-! I'll keep it a secret so don't exclude me in your couple planning!-! I might be of help!" She whined, feeling betrayed that both of her best friends did not tell her their plans on the break.

"It's not like that Hange.." y/n weakly said, obviously tired of hearing both her and Levi's name in the same sentence.

But Hange didn't falter in Y/n's excuses because she truly believed that they were together.

"What do you mean!?? You're still denying it after being caught?? That trick ain't gonna work on me " she playfully winked receiving a sigh from y/n.

"By the way, I told Erwin"

"What!?" Y/n shouted in frustration , she already was fed up with Hange and now she has to deal with Erwin too? And all that because of a foolish misunderstanding.

Hange scratched the back of her neck.

"I mean come on y/n!-! You've been close to the commander ever since and you won't even tell him a trivial secret?.... Plus, I was itching to tell him all the details.. hehe" she nervously said.

"But it's not true" she finally faltered, grabbing her hair with both hands and shaking her head. She was almost losing it.

"There there, if you really love Levi , you shouldn't hide your relationship from everyone" Hange patted y/n's back as a gesture to comfort the frustrated girl.

Y/n had finally gave up at this point.

It frustrated her most that even a single misinformation like that can't be fixed by her, so she just waits it out to die down.

She sighed and stood up facing Hange who was now smirking at her.

"Soo, what position did you two do?"

"Oh would you please stop!-!"