Luke-21

I made it my mission to meet her after every single one of her classes. I knew I probably looked like some crazy stalker to every single one of her classmates, and I couldn't deny I noticed that weird looks that were thrown my way, but I had to make sure she was okay. I knew she was okay whenever we were alone... but I didn't actually know how she felt whenever we were back at school. She was back in the place where she was assaulted, and the guy her assaulted her was constantly lurking around the corner. And I didn't like it, not even a little bit. 

Those two god damned words that he had told me disappeared after she had kissed me the other night. The way she kissed me told me that she didn't think of me as just a charity case. There was no way she could kiss me like her life depended on it if that was all she thought of me. At least that was I was alright believing.

I hadn't actually been able to stop thinking about the way she kissed me. It was all that haunted my mind for the rest of the week. She hadn't kissed me like that since that night, but I was craving her. I knew it was a dangerous thing... to want her the way I did, but I couldn't help myself. I wanted her and I wanted her bad. 

I had no idea what she thought that we were... hell I didn't even know what we were. We had never really talked about it... we just continued on as though kissing every time we were alone was normal. And it felt normal... but I wasn't sure what to do about it. 

I wanted nothing more than to be able to call her mine, but I wasn't sure if that was what she wanted. She seemed content to have me to herself when we were alone, and being official would invite everyone's opinion. People were already talking about us, I couldn't imagine what they would say if they actually knew what we were. I also didn't want to think about the goodbye we would have endure after graduation. It would be too hard on the both of us. 

Not only that, if she were by girlfriend there was no doubt in my mind that Aaron would kill me. Absolutely no doubt. He was already a possessive prick over her, I didn't want to know what he would do if she went official with anybody that wasn't him, let alone me. 

I had noticed this past week how much he actually watches her. He's like a monster lurking in the dark, watching her every move as though waiting to pounce. He almost always had his eyes one her, though I wasn't sure if she even noticed. He may have known to keep his distance, but he was still marking his claim over her. I hated it. I hated him. 

I couldn't help but think of what he would do if he got her alone again. You'd think he would have learned his lesson, that he would leave her the hell alone. But I knew that he wouldn't do that... he was a psychopath and I for some reason I think Kaylee and I were the only ones who noticed. 

I just wanted her to be safe... but there was a problem with that. I wouldn't always be here to protect her. And I knew as soon as I was gone that no one else would dare stop him from coming after her again. After all, he's made it very clear that no one else is to go near her. 

I still wasn't sure how I was ever supposed to say goodbye. It had barely been a couple of weeks and I hated the time when I wasn't with her. I was so god damned attached her, and I couldn't imagine how it would feel after a couple months. Would I even be able to leave her... to say goodbye?

The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to say goodbye. There was no doubt in my mind that I would be leaving after graduation, but I didn't want to have to give her up. I had been thinking recently about how many long-distance couples actually make it... but that would require us to actually be a couple.

I shook my head, trying to forget about the fact I would be leaving in a few months. I was still here now and that was all that mattered. I snuck a glance at the blonde beside me, her eyes focused on the road as we made out way towards the airport. She had tried to leave me behind, but I refused to let her. Although, if I were being honest, the only reason I wanted to come with her to pick up her mum was so that I wouldn't be alone. Not that I would admit that to her.