Kaylee-12

A chill takes over my body, my eyes shooting open as I realize I'm alone. Cold and alone. I try to rub the sleep out of my eyes, glancing around the room, knowing for a fact that I did not go to bed alone. But here I am... in Luke's bed all alone, his t-shirt clinging to my body. I shake my head, trying to wake myself up some more, though it doesn't work. I still feel like I;m on like three hours of sleep.

I sigh, slipping out of his bed, my body shivering as I'm exposed to the cold air. A quick glance at the alarm clock on his bedside table tells me its almost ten. Another yawn slips past my lips, my body feeling sluggish as I make my towards his door. Before leaving though, I realize I am once again without pants. Too lazy to try and find a pair of sweatpants I could borrow, I grab a blanket off his bed, wrapping it tightly around my body before going on my quest to find him.

I quietly make my way downstairs, hoping I'm not going to run into Luke's parents. As nice as they were, I felt more than a little awkward sneaking around their house after spending the night with their son. I follow the sound coming from the kitchen, peaking around the corner just to double check that it is Luke.

I watch as he mixes something by the sink, his back muscles visibly tensing as he worked. As quietly as I could, I slipped around the corner, holding the blanket close to my body as I situated myself in one of the chairs at the island across from him. I take advantage of the fact that he's not looking at me, admiring his tall frame. His shirt is still missing, my mouth going slightly dry at the sight of his muscles working, his arms raising above his head as he stretches them. There was nobody who could disagree that this boy was extremely beautiful. His sweatpants still hung low, his wide shoulders curving down to his narrow hips. I hadn't really noticed before, but he was quite built.

My admiration of his body was, unfortunately, cut short when he finally started to turn around. I placed my elbows on the island, resting my head in my hands. When his eyes finally reach me he just about jumps ten feet in the air, his eyes going wide in surprise.

"What the hell?" He breathes out, holding a hand to his chest. "You scared the shit out of me." He said, leaning against the opposite side of the island, glancing at me curiously. "How long have you been there?"

"About five minutes."

"Could've said something."

"Didn't want to" I said, sticking my tongue out at the tall boy. He chuckled quietly, shaking his head and keeping his eyes on me. That's when I see it. "You put it in!" I shrieked, hopping off the chair and hurrying around the island, the blanket long forgotten.

"I told you I would."

"Come down here." I muttered, frowning at the fact he was so much taller than me. He smirked down at me as he bent slightly, his eyes lit up with amusement. I shook my head, bringing my hands up to cup his face. I rotated his face around, looking at the new piece of black metal hooking around his lip. I noticed his cheeks begin to turn a light pink, the skin warm under my touch. I ignored it, also choosing to ignore his darting eyes that refused to look anywhere at or near me.

"Is it annoying?"

"It was at first. But I'm used to it." He shrugged, his eyes still avoiding me.

"Ya know, I used to want to get my tongue pierced." I admitted, his blue eyes meeting mine, amusement hidden in his irises. 

"I mean, we can make that happen." 

I chuckled lowly, biting my bottom lip gently before responding. "I don't think my mom would appreciate that very much."

"Is she going to appreciate the fact you're skipping an entire week of school to stay with a boy?" He teased, my body flinching lightly as his hand gripped my hip lightly. I hadn't even noticed how close we had gotten- my hands still cupping his cheeks, my chest practically pushed into his, our lips only a few inches apart. Heat immediately spread through my body, my cheeks flushing and my train of thought disappearing as I noticed his eyes flicker down towards my lips.