Kaylee-06

"Back. The fuck. Up." My body was trembling behind Luke, his voice so full of anger that it only added to my fear. I wasn't scared of Luke, not even close, but I was more than terrified to see how this was going to play out. Luke kept an arm out to keep me back, not that I could've moved anyway... I was completely frozen to my spot.

Aaron didn't even look a little bit flustered, taking another step towards us. "Or you'll do what?" He sneered, my body growing cold. What was he going to do? "Punch me again?" Both Aaron and Grace let out bitter laughs, my eyes glued to the back of Luke's head as he blocked my view.

"That one is looking lonely." Luke growled, straightening his back to look, somehow, even taller.

"Look... fucking freak." Grace chipped, taking long quick steps to stand next to Aaron, her arms crossing over her chest. A quick pang of anger shot through me at the way she said freak, the one word coming out with so much disgust. Although the quick feeling anger disappeared just as fast as it had appeared, Aaron and Grace staring us down like we were their peasants... like they were so much better than us.

"I have a name." Luke muttered, surprising me by how calm he actually sounded. I knew damn well he was anything but calm- his shoulders tensed beyond belief, his hands balled into fists at his sides, but he managed to calm his voice.

"I don't care." Grace rolled her eyes, her head shaking to the side as she narrowed her eyes at the boy still standing in front of me. My savior. "You're a fucking nerd. This is between us... the door is that way." She said, motioning between me, her, and Aaron. If it wasn't for the fact I was frozen in my spot, my jaw would have been on the floor and I would have been having words with her. There was no us.

I could vaguely hear Luke saying something back to her, another bitter laugh leaving Grace before Aaron joined in. Grace's eyes were constantly rolling around her dumb fucking head anytime Luke said something, but I couldn't focus on anything. My ears were ringing, my vision blurring slightly as my mind start racing. How long have they been in my house? Why did they even come? Was he going to try it again? What if Luke hadn't come with me?

I could feel someone glaring at me, but I was slipping away. Much like in Luke's kitchen this morning, I was getting lost in my head. It was like I wasn't even in control of my body- it was like I wasn't even connected to my body. The three of them were fighting, but it felt as though I was just watching from the sidelines. It didn't help that Aaron was, once again, much closer than I would have liked. It didn't matter that there was another body standing between us, just his presence had every single event from last night pushing through my mind. It's like I could still feel Aaron pinning me against the wall, and even though I was completely clothed, it felt like I was too exposed in front of him. He had seen too much of me and I didn't like it. Not one bit.

I could hear them all as they started yelling, but I couldn't decipher what was being said. I was very aware, though, as Aaron started making his way closer towards us. Every step Aaron took towards us, Luke took one away from me. I knew he was only doing it to keep Aaron away from me, but the further he got from me the less safe I felt. It was like there was an invisible line tethering me to him, and the farther he was the more strain was put against it. I didn't know how much longer he could pull before it snapped and I would break down simply from him being too far away from me.

It felt as if I were standing on glass- one move and everything would break. Everything would come crashing down if I were to move even one finger. I wanted to reach out, grab Luke and book it back to my car. I wanted to be back in the safety of his house... just the two of us where I knew I could never get hurt. But I was just... frozen.

I had only been frozen, like I was at the moment, once before in my life. When my father died, I had broken down completely, but after the breakdown I just shut down. I couldn't function, losing all sense of the world around me. Time seemed to pass by without meaning... much like it was now.