Kaylee-00

I sat in my car for about five minutes after arriving. People kept looking at my car, giving me questioning looks as to why I wasn't going in, especially given the fact that the first bell was going to ring any second. I just really didn't have the energy to do anything today. It was Friday and I just wanted to be at home, watching movies and eating anything my heart desired.

I groaned, finally flipping my keys to turn off my car. My music immediately cut off, the sounds of my classmates messing around finally reaching my ears. God I hated high school.

I plastered a smile on my face, waving politely to anyone who said mumbled a 'hello' my way. Half the time I didn't even know who the heck was talking to me, but being the Captain of our cheer team meant everyone knew who I was. It was actually kind of creepy if you thought about it- the fact that so many people knew who I was just because I stood front and center at every one our football games.

"Hey cutie." My eyes snapped, Grace hip checking me as I made it to my locker. People were bustling through the halls, trying to get to homeroom before the second bell, but I wasn't worried. My homeroom teacher just happened to be my Coach and she never cared if I was a few minutes late.

"Hey." I mumbled, throwing my bag in my locker and grabbing the books I needed for the day.

"You look nice today."

I chuckled a little, twirling at my locker. "I actually try... occasionally."

"Oh baby." She chuckled, sending a wink my way before linking her arm through mine, together making our way towards homeroom. "You trying for anyone special?" She asked suddenly, wriggling her eyebrows as she looked at me.

"Me myself and I."

She let a moment of silence pass before opening her mouth again, my eyes immediately rolling towards the back of my head. "And Aaron?"

"No. Not Aaron."

"Why not?"

"He's a dick." I shrugged. I loved Grace to death, she'd been my best friend since first grade but lately she'd been trying to act as my match maker, and quite frankly I was getting sick of it.

"But he's hot." She whined, her heels clanking loudly in the hall around us. "And he's into you. And he's the captain of the football team, starting QB, and you're cheerleading Captain. It's basically meant to be." She paused, waving to our Coach as we waltzed into homeroom. "And he's into you. And did I mention he's hot?"

I slid my arm out of hers, dropping my books onto my desk before sliding in. "Actually, I'm pretty sure he just wants to get into me." Grace opened her mouth to argue, but I continued before she could. "And he's just mean. I don't like mean."

"It's just an act. He's probably a sweetheart."

"Well that's dumb if he acts like an ass just to get girls."

"Grace, Kaylee." I looked up to meet his green eyes, Grace raising her eyebrows at me.

"Speak of the devil." She said, smilling widely up at him.

"Oh, talking about me again, I see." He said, his voice dripping with confidence... no not confidence, cockiness.

"Just talking about the game tonight... how you're going to kill it, like always." She said, clearly flirting with the man. For a moment I wondered why she was trying to set me up with him, why didn't she just go after him herself?

Aaron just smiled, his gaze flickering between the two of us. "So you two coming to my party after the game tonight?"

"Yes-"

"I can't." I cut off Grace, her eyes narrowing into slits as she glared at me.