𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓈𝓃𝑜𝓌

Everything was black, but I could hear screaming and what sounded strangely like a thunderstorm happening outside.
"You cant have her!", I heard a woman scream, a door slamming, followed by what sounded like someone thumping up stairs.

"You betrayed me! You betrayed us, Grace! She is mine!", I heard a mans voice scream back.

"I won't let you hurt her!", the woman screamed again.

"Tell me where she is, Grace! Where is my daughter!", he shouted as he whispered a spell I couldn't hear, only for the woman to begin screaming in agony, "I will find her! I will scour this earth and I will find her and you will never see our daughter again!", he growled.

"No!"

I felt my eyes snap open, and realised I was panting from the bizarre dream I had had. As I looked around the bright room I was in, I realised I must be in the hospital wing and everything came flooding back. The quidditch match... Harry... The dementor... The stairs. So many questions began flying through my head.

Was Harry alright? How did I get here? Who were those people screaming at each other in my dream? Who were they talking about?

"Strange things, dreams", I heard beside me, looking up to see Dumbledore stood beside my bed, watching me carefully, "You looked like you were having quite the dream"

"I-... What happened, professor?", I asked softly, feeling my head begin to pound.

"A dementor attacked you, Miss Avery. You fell down quite a few steps. Mr Malfoy found you...", he said and seemed to anticipate my next question, "Harry is fine... That was quite impressive, the spell you did to stop his fall"

I sighed, feeling better by the minute now and looked around to see a few bunches of flowers  that looked to be beginning to wilt on the table beside me, "How long have I been here professor?"

"4 days", he said simply as I felt my eyes bulge, "The body takes the time it needs to recover... The mind does the same... Tell me... What was it that you were dreaming about?"

I looked up at him then, wondering why the headmaster was so curious about my dream. I shook my head and thought back to the dream, "I'm not sure, to be entirely honest with you, professor... I could just hear voices... Screaming at each other. A man and a woman. They were talking about their daughter, I think. She took their daughter away from him... He was angry", I began, watching Dumbledore's face change to one of shock as I continued, "Grace. The woman's name was Grace... I don't know who they were"

I watched as he seemed to stare off into nothingness for a few moments, clearly caught in his own thoughts before I spoke again, "Do you think it means something, Professor?"

He looked down at me then, pausing for a few moments before giving me a small smile that didn't quite meet his eyes, "No, my dear. I think that you shouldn't dwell on such dreams", he said as he began to walk out.

"Professor?", I called and watched him stop, "I just... I wanted to ask you... How did you know my parents?"

There was a long pause, like he was deciding whether or not to answer me before he spoke softly, "They were students", was all he said before speeding out.

Students, I thought... Students of Dumbledore, friends with Uncle Remus and Uncle Sirius who attending Hogwarts...

After an hour or so of sipping potions and being checked over by Madam Pomfrey, I was allowed to leave, heading straight to the Slytherin common room to shower and change.

I was heading back down the corridors to find my friends when I felt a body collide with mine, the person squeezing me into him.

"Annabelle! You're awake!", Theo said as he held me and I chuckled, unable to hug him back with his arms across mine, "We were all so worried"