𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓈𝒽𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉

That afternoon, I headed to Umbridge's office for my detention, very nervous considering I was alone this time.
As I stepped up to the door, she opened it before I could knock.

"Come in, Miss Avery", she said in a fake soft voice, "Sit"

As I sat down, she went around to her desk, leaning against it to look more powerful I supposed, as she looked down at me while glared at her.

"You don't like me very much, do you Miss Avery", she giggled.

"No, Professor. I don't", I shot back candidly.

"Well, as long as we are being frank. I don't much like you either", she smirked and I smirked right back at her.

"I'm glad we can be so honest with each other, professor", I shot.
She pushed the quill towards me before heading to the door.

"I want you to write, 'I will not break school rules'", she said as she opened the door, "Your detention today will be until dinner when I will come back to dismiss you", she shot with a giggle.

I was horrified as I looked at the quill in front of me, but I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction. Dinner time was six hours away...

....

I had gotten to 3 hours in when I began to feel dizzy, my head spinning and pounding as the pain overtook me. I felt as though I had taken some kind of hallucinogenic potion or alcohol.

I watched the blood pouring from my hand and felt the pain as I tried to move it. I felt my hand drop the quill, my foggy mind looking down at the desk to see the pages and pages of lines I had written.

I felt myself falling, but before I could even register it, I hit the ground with a thump, watching the blood spill from my hand as I closed my eyes.

.....

When I woke up, I was feeling significantly better compared to how I had felt before. I was laying in a place I had become all too familiar with during my time at Hogwarts. The hospital wing.

"Oh, you're awake, dear", I heard Madam Pomfrey call with a sympathetic smile as she handed me a vial, "For the pain... You will want it. Trust me", she whispered and I believed her, downing the vial in one go.

"How did I get here?", I asked softly as I sat up.

"Snape found you in Umbridge's office when you didn't show for dinner. It was quite the scene actually. I was sat at the staff table when he came rushing in, pulling myself, McGonagall and Dumbeldore to advise them. We were horrified", she shot in the harshest tone I'd ever heard her use, "I'm afraid the students all know what happened"

I sighed at that, swinging my legs to the side so I could stand, "Thats alright... I will deal with it. Am I okay to leave?", I asked.

She nodded quickly, handing me some more ointment for my bandaged hand as I turned back to her again, "Thank you for everything Madam Pomfrey... I really appreciate all your help over the years", I smiled.

******

As I stepped into the Slytherin common room around 9pm, I was met with the faces of all my worried friends.

After reassuring them all, I sat down beside Draco who was in a terrible mood.

"Are you okay?", I asked softly.

"No", he shot back, making me sigh, "I'm not okay... She did that to get back at you. She wouldn't have even had the chance to if I hadn't have pulled you into the broom cupboard", he growled and I smiled.