𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓻𝓲𝔀𝓲𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓣𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

"Now are you sure you are feeling up to going to school, darling?", my mother asked for the tenth time as we arrived on the platform, "Because we can talk to Dumbledore and have you apparated in next week, or the week after"

I smiled up at her and shook my head, "Soit moins inquiète, maman. Je serai bien, je le promets", I said as I hugged her.
(Worry less, mom. I'll be fine, I promise)

"Okay, my darling, but if you change your mind... We are only an owl away", she whispered, kissing my cheek.

"Be careful, mon chéri... No flying or skating for 3 weeks", my father said as he kissed the top of my head, making me sigh.

"The healer said two weeks, father

"The healer said two weeks, father...", I groaned.

"Well I am your father and I say three, just to be safe", he smiled down at me.

"Ariana, Xavier!", we heard behind us, seeing Narcissa rushing over, clutching my mothers hand and wrapping an arm around me, "Thank heavens you are alright, Annabelle! We heard you had been caught up in the events at the World Cup"

Lucius followed behind his wife, looking almost hesitant, which just confirmed what I had thought. That he had been involved.
"I am glad you are alright, Miss Avery", he smiled down at me, his lips not matching his eyes.

"She was concussed, a cut and bruised cheek and her lip split... Just awful, Lucius. I was able to pay to keep Annabelle's name out of the papers. That Rita Skeeter is a menace, but I didn't want her to be caught up in this nonsense. For someone to do this to children... To my little girl...", he spat and I chuckled.

"Well... I'm not that little anymore, father. But I have to go", I said quickly, hugging them one more time before looking to the Malfoy's, "Its wonderful to see you both, and I am sure I will see you at Christmas", I smiled at Narcissa who kissed my cheek.

"You surely will, my dear. Now go and find Draco... He couldn't get away from us fast enough this morning, he was so worried about you", she smiled softly. I nodded to her and glanced quickly at Lucius before continuing onto the train.

*******

As I walked down the carriages searching for my friends. I reached the first open carriage to find all of my Slytherin friends sat at a table. I could hear Theo and Blaise telling Draco "Not to worry" and "She is probably looking for you too". I smiled at that as I closed the door and every head at the table turned.

"Annabelle!", they all screeched, but Draco was quicker, flying out of his seat and colliding with me, wrapping his arms around me, one through my hair and one around my waist in a vice grip.

"Merlin, Bells! I was so worried!", he whispered, seeming to sigh in relief at having me in his arms again. He pulled back for a moment to kiss me, dropping his lips to mine and pulling me even closer into him before he pulled away, "I'm so sorry, Belle... If I had of known what they were planning I would have told you"