𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮

After our wedding night, I had awoken the next morning to Draco heading out, as he had been called to the ministry for duty by my father. I was more than saddened to have to part with him so soon, wanting to at least have breakfast in our newlywed bubble before reality crashed into us again. He seemed to feel the same way as he finished putting on his Death eater boots and uniform and came over to me. 
He had kissed me goodbye and told me he would be back soon.

That was over 2 weeks ago.

My father had been furious since the day after the wedding. He was treading around the manor when he was home as if he couldn't trust a soul. All except me.
He still seemed to trust me, much more hesitantly now, but I could tell that there was still something there. An understanding of some sort that I had 'accepted' my place and was on the same side as him.

Narcissa and I had been spending our days together to keep occupied while our husbands were gone, wow did that sentence feel strange to even think.
I was mainly trying to distract myself so I didn't think about all of the dangerous situations Draco might be in right now. I needed to focus.
I had gone through the papers, trying to figure out what had been going on, but it seemed all anyone was talking about was mine and Draco's wedding. Photos flooded every paper, still even weeks later, it was all they would write about.

I was wandering through the house when I saw Nagini slithering down a hall way, away from me. It had been a long time since I had seen her, I thought to myself.  
I briefly thought of killing her right there, but I figured I needed to know where my father was so I could spring into action. When I killed her, it was just him and he would likely begin killing every one and everything within casting distance if it was only him left. Or worse, he could create a few more horcruxes. I couldn't have that. 
So I needed to wait until I knew where both of them were. 

Suddenly, as if she sensed my inner most thoughts on the subject, Tibby cracked into the hall in front of me with a worried look on her face.

"Miss! Your father requests your presence at the ministry!", she shot and I looked at her more frantic than usual face.

"Why? What does he want me for?", I asked quickly as she shuddered.

"Mass execution at the ministry ma'am... 20 rebels were caught by the death eaters. He needs- Well, he needs your magic, miss", she said and I gasped. Which rebels? Was it Uncle Sirius? Was it Harry? 
This was it... I wanted to wait for Draco to get back before I killed the last horcrux but now we were out of time... I wouldn't kill anyone... It was now or never. I knew where Nagini was beyond this hallway. I knew where my father was. 
The time was now, ready or not. It was time.

"Okay... I'll-... Give me a minute", I said to her as I sprinted up the hall after the snake. As I ran, I saw Narcissa step into the hall, looking like she was looking for me.

"Did you hear they are waiting for you at the ministry?", she asked worriedly and I nodded looking to her seriously.

"Narcissa... I need you to know... Whatever happens today, I love you and I am so glad to have been your daughter in law", I said as I hugged her. She looked shocked for a moment before pulling back with watery eyes and nodding.

"I am so glad I have you as a daughter in law... Please be careful... My son won't be able to handle losing you again", she whispered as she pulled me in again and I nodded.

"If anything- Well... Just... Look after him for me", I whispered before sprinting down the hall, hunting after my target. I ran down several corridors, wondering how on earth such a sow creature had made it so far when I came around a final corridor.