Chapter 13

Lexi's POV

Ron and Hermione had ran back towards the Great Hall to see if anyone needed assistance, which left just Harry and I.

"Where do we need to go?"

Harry didn't answer, but grabbed my hand in his and rubbed the top with his thumb.

"Lexi, where we will be heading will be quite dangerous so I need you to promise me, for the sake of our child, that if we are spotted, you need to run as fast as you can and get backup."

"You mean, I'll have to leave you behind?" I asked, shocked. Where on earth were we headed?

"Yes. In answer to your previous question, Voldemort is headed to the boathouse. I saw into his mind. He's meeting Snape there. We need to find out what his next plan is. So, will you promise that if we're seen, you won't worry about me and will run and find someone to help protect you." Harry was tense, worried.

"Harry..."

"Promise?" He demanded.

"Yes, I promise," I gave in.

"Thank you," He whispered, kissing me quickly on the lips before we ran to the boathouse.

~*~

We ducked down around the side of the boathouse, just below the window. I slowly pushed myself up, careful that I didn't make a sound, and peeked in the boathouse. What I saw shocked me.

Snape was lying on the floor, as if he'd been thrown down. Voldemort was looming over him, accompanied with his snake. He looked to be analysing the Elder Wand like a scientist analyses data.

"You see, Severus, the Elder Wand won't work for me until it's master is dead. I assumed that was Albus, but he's dead and it doesn't work for me. You killed poor Albus, so you must be the master of the wand."

"But, my Lord--"

"That means I must kill you, I'm afraid,"

Snape was silent, accepting his fate. A sadistic smile spread across Voldemort's face.

Nagini lunged at Snape. Once. Twice. Three times. Four times.

I gasped, but had a hand clamped over my mouth. I was pulled down by a stern-looking Harry. Tears started flowing down my cheeks for this teacher who I absolutely hated. Damn hormones.

Harry tugged my hand, standing up. I stood up too, cautiously.

"Voldemort's gone," He whispered.

He ran to the door and entered, I followed closely behind.

Snape was laying on the floor, bleeding profusely from his neck.

That dickhead didn't deserve this fate.