Chapter 10

Lexi's POV

With my extended eyesight, I could see Voldemort's army amassed on the cliffs not too far away. The army was spread out for at least a few miles and there looked to be rows upon rows of men and women standing, ready to fight.

"We need more numbers," I said, mostly to myself.

I turned and saw McGonagall walking briskly back towards us. I had an idea and McGonagall neded to hear it. The more numbers we had, the more chance we have at winning this.

"Professor, I know some people who could help us, side with us,"

"Yes?"

"The o1nly thing is...they're vampires. And they take up residence in the States,"

McGonagall's face turned from unease to absolute horror.

"Lexi! You don't suppose having vampires in a school of humans would be a cause for trouble!"

"No, no, no. They don't drink human blood. They're so-called 'vegetarians'. They have good morals and never feed off of humans. Everyone is safe around them. I think they would be the ones in danger, actually,"

"Nevermind, Ms Black! We are not having vampires at this school! I don't care whether they are 'vegetarian' or not!"

"But--"

"End of story, Ms Black!" McGonagall stormed off.

"Well, at least you tried..." Harry said, rubbing my shoulder.

"Harry! Harry!" Luna called out, running up to Harry and I. "I have an idea. About the Ravenclaw thing to do with the diadem. No one alive has seen it or knows where it is, and that makes it obvious! You need to speak to someone who's dead! Helena Ravenclaw might know something. She is the daughter of Rowena Ravenclaw, the founder of the house. She still patrols the corridors as the Grey Lady. If you can talk to her, she might be able to tell you something,"

"Thanks, Luna!" Harry said, taking off. Harry was pulling me along with him, holding my hand.

We reached the corridor around the Ravenclaw Common Room and slowed to a walk, scanning for any sign of the ghost.

"Helena?" Harry asked. "Helena Ravenclaw? We need to talk to you. Please, can we talk?"

The Grey Lady showed herself, but hid behind a pillar.

"Are you two friends of Luna? Luna Lovegood?"

"Yes, we are. We only came because we need to ask you about your mother's diadem,"

"What about it?" Helena curtly replied.

"Well, we need to find it and destroy it to help defeat a Dark Lord. Would you be willing to let us destroy it by helping us find it?"

"...I suppose. The Dark Lord you are talking about, he cast Dark Magic on my mother's diadem. My mother sought to destroy it, but never succeeded,"

"I know how to destroy it. I can destroy it once and for all!" Harry reasoned with the ghost. "I just need you to tell me where it is."

"It's here in the castle, where everything is hidden. If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask,"

"The Room of Requirement," I stated as I put the pieces together on my head.

"Thank you, Helena," Harry said as the two of us ran off again, this time to the Room of Requirement.