Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Lyndon's Pov.

            Walking back to the alpha's home with Tristan in my arms, I couldn't help but to feel a little at ease. This whole day was starting to weigh on me, and having her next to me calmed me in a way that I never expected to be. Looking down at her, I noticed that she had feel asleep in my arms, and I held her tighter for fear of losing her. Losing my mother was enough. I didn't want to lose what family I had, but losing Tristan would be the end of me. I was just happy that I would her, and as far as I could tell, no harm had come to her.

            As we got closer to the house, I noticed a small crowd of people standing outside of the large house. Stepping onto the grounds, everyone who was outside stopped talking and turned around to face us. Everyone grew quiet as we approached, and I stopped walking once we were close enough.

            The second I stopped walking, the front door burst open and two figures emerged from the house, running my way.

            "Oh my god, Julian!" The woman who ran out the house cried. I had recognized her from the last time I was here. She was the woman that had stood up for me and Tristan when the alpha and luna threaten to have me kill. Looking at the approaching women, I knew that she was Tristan's mother and tall man who was behind her was her father.

            As if she sensed them approaching, I felt the small body in my arms stiffen. When I looked down at her, I noticed that her eyes were opening and she was turning her head so that she could see better.

            "Tristan." The man said in a strong yet tender voice as he stopped in front of me, snatching her out of my arms.

            A part of me wanted to protest. But I didn't. I knew what they were going through, and despite the current situation of everything, they were her parents and they cared for her. So I held my ground and stood there as they checked their daughter.

            "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The woman cried pushing Tristan's hair out of her face.

            "I'm fine mom." Tristan's soft voice spoke as she sat up in her father's arms and tried to place herself on the ground. "I'm just really tired is all."

            "Are you sure." Her father asked, examining her.

            "Yes dad. I'm fine." She said reaching out and hugging him. "I'm so sorry." She started to cry. "I'm so sorry. Lyndon told me what I did an-"

            "It's okay sweetheart." He stated wrapping his arms around his daughter in a secure way. "Everything's going to be fine. And we'll talk about it later."

            "But dad, I-"