Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Vivian’s Pov.

Suffering was the only thing my life seemed to revolve around.

There was no escaping it. It just seemed like every day since my baby boy was killed, that I had this everlasting gloom surrounding me. And it just seemed like every time I tried to put the past behind me, something would always seem to bring the pain and the hurt I felt back.

I never noticed at first, or maybe I tried too hard to block out what I really was filling, I don’t know, but whatever it was, now it was coming back at me full force, and I was not entirely too prepared for what was to come.

I was slipping.

I was letting my emotions get the better of me.

And I was losing all hope on myself.

Slowly opening my eyes, I became aware of my surrounds. Curled up in a fetal position, I noticed that I was in Rowland’s and mines bed, facing the window with the blanket and sheet, wrapped loosely around my body. The sun was lit brightly in the sky, and the birds seemed to just chirp as if all hope was not lost.

            I was tired and exhausted. My body ached in a way that I didn’t know existed, but at the same time, I felt completely numbed on the inside. It was almost as if I had completely given up on all hope, and my mind and body had given up on me.

            I begin to feel the slight burn of tears trailing down my face.

            Not even having enough energy to wipe the tears away, I allowed them to fall as they would.

            I didn’t know what to do.

I felt so lost.

If what my mind was telling me was true, then, the hunters and rogues joining forces again would certainly mean war for my pack. And I knew one thing for sure, and that was that, I would not allow for one person living under my guard, in my pack, or in my town, have harm come to them under any circumstances. There was no way in hell that I would allow any of my people to relive the pain that they had gone through seventeen years ago.

Not only was I going through the pain of losing a loved one, but so where others in my pack. Some of their mates had fought and lost their lives due to the war started by those damn rogues and hunters. Though no other child had lost their lives, many people died, and I was not only in my suffering.

I only wish that I could say that because I was born an alpha and had become a Luna that my pain meant more than the rest of my pack. But that wasn’t the truth. The truth is, we were all feeling hurt and living a life filled with sorrow. And I could not let anymore of my people suffer.

I wouldn’t.

Losing Lance was the hardest thing that I ever had to endure. And I was going to fight like hell, to make sure that I didn’t lose my little Dare Devil. Blake and my other children meant the world to me, and there was nothing that I wouldn’t do to protect and save them.