Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Vivian Pov.

Everything seemed to happen so fast. First there were a few growls that we could here in the distance. Then there were some more rounds of gun shots being fired off.

You know that feeling that you get when you sense that something terrible was about to happen. You get this knot in the pit of your stomach. And your body just freezes and you feel that there’s nothing you could do to stop the next moment of your life from happening. Well that’s just what I felt at the moment. I looked around the room and found Rowland shouting orders at a couple of men who had just came in.

“I want you all to gather as many women and children as you can and tell them to make their way here.” He said to three men standing to his far left. “I want you to find Carson and his men to hold cover the north side of the pack grounds.” He said to the four men standing in the center. “Alex and Maria I want you to take the west side of the land and make your way around. Make sure you no one gets past you. And no one lives.” He said. They all bowed and quickly left.

“What do you want me to do?” Julian asked.

“I want you to-“

“NO! You can’t go out there. What are you crazy?” Jordan said. I looked at her and noticed that she was gripping Julian’s arm.

“I have to. The more we waste time the more people die.”

“Please don’t go.” She cried, tears pouring from her eyes. “Please.”

“Julian.” Rowland said turning to face them. “She’s right. You can’t go out there. I need you here to watch the women and children. Both Carson and Alex link me telling me that the rogues and the hunters have made it past them and are now on pack lands. I need you here to protect my children and my mate.” He said looking down at me.

“What?!” I said “No I’m coming with you.”

“No!”

“Rowland.”

“I said no Viv. You cant come. I need you here to protect our children” He said walking over to me and wrapping me in his arms. He brought his hand up and cup me by my chin, looking down at me, I could see everything he was thinking. He was worried, and the fact that he was worried only made me scaried.

“What about you?” I said feeling tears drop from my eyes.

He smoothly wiped the tears away and kissed me on the forehead. “I’ll be okay. They want you and I’m not going to let them come anywhere near you.” He said bending down and kissing me. “I’ll be back.” He said taking Alpha Blasé and some of the men left and running out the door passing some of the women and children who made it here okay.

Everything is going to be okay. I heard him say as I felt him link up with me in my mind.

I wrapped my arms around myself trying to shake off this cold feeling that I was getting. Looking around the room I saw the scaried worried looks the some of the other women held on the faces and my heart just about dropped. Some of the women had children who had shifted, fighting out there. Some of them had mates who they were worried about. Looking over I saw Jordan who had the look of her face. That look alone had just about broke my heart. Walking over to her, I placed a hand on her shoulder. We might not have liked each other as much as we should have but we still had to look out for each other. I heard as she let out a small sigh and my body stiffen when I felt her wrap her arms around me. “Were going to fine.” She whispered. I threw my arms around her and let a couple of tears fall.

“I know. Rowland’s not going to let anything happen.” I said trying to reassure her.

“Okay ladies, listen up.” I turned around looking to see Julian and a couple of men behind him. “I need you all to stay calm-“ He said stopping because there was another gun shot. “They’re getting closer to the house so I need you all to come with me and head to the cellar.” He said looking at me and Jordan. I understood exactly what he was saying