Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rowland’s Pov.

9 months later….

            9 months. Its’ been 9 months since that fatal day, and all I can think about is whether I will be able to hold my own mate in my arms.  It’s bad enough that I have to walk around this place and know that I couldn’t do anything to stop my son from being taken and killed by those fucking rogues and hunter.

            I growled dangerously to myself.

            Just thinking about brought so much rage to my heart.

            He was only a couple of weeks old when he was killed.

            What type of monsters would do that. Did the hunters really hate our kind that much that they would take the life of a two week old baby. Did the rogues really want to hurt my mate that badly that they would stoop so low and take away the one thing that made her life so complete. That they would shatter our world and a matter of seconds.

            I jumped up from my desk and without even thinking about it I flipped my desk over to the other side of the room. I growled some more at the thought of being the strongest man in this pack, yet I was powerless to saving my son, my family.

            I turned to face the wall, trying to calm myself down. But it was hard to do that. No matter how much I wanted to calm down, my wolf wouldn’t let me. He wanted so badly to come out and do damage to anything and anyone that we could get our hands on.

           But I knew that I would have to fight him for control. I couldn’t let myself go and be that type of person. I could lose control, and allow myself to take my angrier out on anyone in my pack. My father didn’t raise me to be that way. So I wouldn’t lash out on anyone. I couldn’t.

            I had to be strong. I had to put the needs of my pack before myself. And I had to be strong for Vivian.

            My Vivian.

            I lowered my head in shame. I remember that there was a time when I used to light up at her name, but now all I could do was cry, and duck my head in shame. There was no light. There was only this dark pit inside me where my happiness for her use to be.

            Just thinking about her had my stomach in a knot and tears falling from my eyes.

            She hadn’t said a word to anyone since that night when we heard about our baby.

            Those first couple of weeks were probably the hardest and pain filled weeks of my life. She wouldn’t come out of our room. And when every she did leave the room she would go to the baby’s room and sit there watching the empty crib, where our son use to lay. It broke my heart to know that she was in so much pain. To know that I couldn’t do anything  to make her happy would kill me every time I looked at her.

            To make matters worse she wouldn’t let me touch her at all.

            Every time that I tried to hug her or get close to her she would cut her eyes at me, or growl at me, or she would simply walk out of the room and act as if I was never there. She never used her powers on me again, but at this point in time I would have rather yell at me or use her powers on me, to let me know that she was still there. That she still cared. Instead she just walked across the house like some kind of brain died zombie, and every time I thought about it, it would piss me off.

            I let out yet another dangerous growl.

            She rarely paid attention to anyone any more. She didn’t even want to touch our other two children any more. Whenever she heard them cry she would just break out in tears and begin to cry, walking away from them.