Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Lyndon’s Pov.

            Waking up I was met with the harsh glare of the sun as it streamed into my room from the window that was left wide open. I sat up in bed and patted the other side of me. All last night I had woken up just to catch a glance at Tristan. I wanted to take everything in about her. The way she slept, the slight snores that left her mouth, the way she would twist and turn, and the way she would bring her body closer to mine was enough to have me up smiling down at her sleeping form.

            She was so beautiful and I was entirely graceful that she had spent the night with me.

            Just at the pure thought of her, I mentally slapped myself for allowing it to happen so late. I should have just accepted her the first moment I bumped into her. I should have taken her in my arms and never let her go.

            A small frown made its way on my face as I patted the empty spot on the bed next to me. I looked down and saw that the sheets had pushed back and nothing was there. Looking around in confusion, I got up and made my way to the door. Pushing my room door open I heard the voice of my sister coming from down stairs and headed down.

            Walking into the living room I saw Mel sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes and her bright red hair all over her head. She looked broken and as my mother held her close to her, I knew something had happened. Slowly making my way over to her I knelt down beside her and spoke.

            “Mel what’s wrong?” I asked watching as she lifted her head to meet my eyes. Her dark green had tears dripping down from them as she glanced at me.

            I watched as she shrugged her shoulder and threw her arms around me. Reaching up slowly and bringing my arms around her I held her as she continued to cry softly. Another minute had passed before she was calm enough to tell me what happened.

            When she did her green eyes seemed to be darker than they were and her eyes were puffer then they were when I first came down.

            “I tried to call Mason all night.” She said with a shaky voice.

            “He rejected you, didn’t he?” I asked in a soft and understanding voice.

            “At first he ignored me.” She said in that same shaky voice. “He ignored all my calls and texts. A-and when he did answer he told me that I shouldn’t waste my time calling him anymore, and that it would be best if we left today.” Once she was finished talking, the tears pooled back in her eye. “Lyndon he hates me now.” She whispered.

            I looked over to my mother who looked as if it pained her to see her daughter so hurt. Those same dark green eyes that Mel had, my mother had and the look on her face was enough to have Mel crying more.

            “Mel, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” I said speaking in a soft tone. “This is all my fault.” I said looking down to the floor. “If I had never told Vivian Carter who and what I was, none of this would have happened.”