Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Jordan's Pov.

            It was killing me. It was literally killing me to see my own flesh and blood do these things that she was doing to these witches. It was literally a replay of what she had done the day she killed the Sander's boy. The way she moved the way she talked, that far off distant yet innocent look she held in her eyes. It was the exact same way.

            The only difference was that the first time it happened she was doing it as a way to show how powerful she was, this time she was doing it, to show the witches that their end was near. She planned on killing them, and as much as I didn't like it, I hated the fact that I was standing here watching hopelessly.

            There was a rage running through my body. Part of it was because I just didn't want to see Tristan like this. I remember the sweet little girl who use to run up to me and hug the back of my legs tightly. I remember her smiling from ear to ear whenever she found something interesting. I remember her being so carefree, and so gentle.

            This girl that I was watching now, was none of those things. Yes, she still seemed to be sweet and innocent, but looking at her, all the innocents she cared was being fading before my very eyes.

            I watched her, taking in those blazing purple eyes, and jumping as the sound of thunder and flicker of lightening struck the sky. Rain began to fall heavily from the dark storm clouds, and the more the thunder sounded the more it seemed like the ground was shaking.

            Breathing heavily I balled my fist up, trying to get a grip.

            Tristan was powerful, that I had already figured. But if what Vivian said was true and what Celeste spoke of was right, then that meant that I too was powerful. I just hoped and prayed that I could get through to my baby girl. I just wanted this all to be over. I wanted to go back to normal, and I wanted more than anything to stop this war.

            So releasing the breath that I had been holding, I slowly begun to make my way towards her.

            "Tristan!" I called out to her, watching as she took her eyes off of Vivian and the others who had arrived. She turned her head and slowly tilted it to the side, and gave me a warm soft smile. "Stop this now!"

            "Why?" She asked slowly as another sound of thunder lit the sky.

            Shaking my head slowly, I ignored the tear that was making its way down my face, and focused all of my attention on my daughter. "This isn't you." I said speaking slowly, moving my feet in her direction. "You're hurting people, and that's not like you. You've never hurt anyone a day in your life, and whatever is going on with you now, we'll deal with it."

            "Don't listen to her." The woman from my version said snapping at Tristan. Looking her in her dark green eyes, I dared her to say anything else.

            "Tristan she's using you." I said looking over at Amelia. "She's just using you to get what she wants and when she's done, she'll get rid of you."

            "That's a lie." Amelia said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "You're mother is lying. And she doesn't understand what we're trying to do here. She's always been oblivious to the fact of things happening right in front of her. She doesn't get it now, and she didn't get it in the pass." Amelia said snapping her eyes on me.

            I watched as a small smile formed on her face. "What's the matter Jordan, don't you remember me?"

            Narrowing my eyes at her, I gave her a questionable look.