CH1| "When I get Amnesia"

"Doctor, is she going to be alright? Will she be able to convalesce?" someone said in a sophisticated but worried tone

"We can't assure you anything sir" another person replied, unsure

I saw a blurry vision and heard two people talking. A moment later my eyes came to focus. I was in a room, mostly cream, I got up and observed the room. The walls were simply cream and there were no decorations except for the small little plant on the nightstand beside the bed I was on. I was guessing it was a hospital room. I had a bandage wrapped around my left hand from my wrist to my upper arm.

"Adelynn, "A man around 28 beside my bed said, worried. He had dark brown eyes and I could see the worry glinting in them, pushed back dark brown hair, a fair complexion, and was dressed in a grey silk suit like he just came from a meeting. He had a gun peeking out from his trousers pocket. I was guessing he was the one who said the first sentence.

"Uh Huh," I said out of perplexity

"Adelynn" Another man beside me, concerned. He looked like he was in his 40's, he had blonde hair and a French beard. He wore a white coat and had a straight posture, which made me feel like he was the doctor.

"Adelynn, ?" The man around 28 asked again with the same tone but with a baffled look

I gave him a bewildered look.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to take a few checkups, I need you to leave," The doctor said without taking his eyes off me.

"Uh--" The man looked like he wanted to argue but then he left the room

The doctor took a white wooden stool and sat beside me.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Underwood, I'm gonna ask you some questions, take your time to answer it don't feel any pressure Ok?"

I nodded still perplexed

"How do you feel?" he asked

I took a long breath and then answered "I-I feel normal"

"Do you feel any kind of pain?"

"No"

"That might be because we just gave you a painkiller" he mumbled under his breath "Brothers always worry"

"Brothers?"

"Your brother, Evander"

I gave him a mystified look.

He stared at me for a while and then he looked like he just figured something out.

"What's your name?" he asked, his eyebrows knitted together

"I'm Adelynn Trace"

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I-I" I tried to focus and something flashbacked my mind.

"Watch out"

"Yeah"

I heard the noise of a gunshot and turned around to see blood dripping from a man's body. I looked forward and saw someone pointing a gun at me, I took a few steps backward and felt my heart drop. I couldn't feel the ground underneath me. A moment later, I touched the ground by my back, I could feel my head hurt like hell, and my eyes clocking out.

"Adelynn, don't put any pressure," Dr. Underwood said

"I-I remember Gunshots and blood," I said in a swivet

"Uh" I could see the skepticism in his eyes

He continued anyway, "Anything before that?"

I tried to focus, but my brain was just blank. "I-I don't remember anything" I panicked

"Don't panic, Just rest"

I tried, but I was too tired to argue, so I just lay down in my bed. As soon as I closed my eyes the memory of gunshots and blood flashbacked again. I let out a quivering breath. Dr. Underwood tried to comfort me but he wasn't doing a good job at it. I closed my eyes again, it flashbacked again, but I was too tired to fight it and I slept.

I woke up and saw I was in the same room, I looked at the clock on the front wall and saw the time, it was 9:34. I looked around and saw 2 boys sleeping on the couch on the right side of the bed. Like they were waiting there the whole night. I was guessing both were around 25. The one on the left had pushed back dark brown hair, a fair complexion, and was dressed in a grey suit. The other one, had messy dark brown hair, a fair complexion and was dressed in a grey t-shirt with a black jacket and black jeans, and wore a lot of chains. They looked like twins but were totally different except for the fact they both had guns peeping out of their pockets. Seeing the guns reminded me of the memory.

After a while, Dr. Underwood entered and saw me.

"Oh you are up, you should probably eat something" He started to say "So, we did a few diagnostic tests and um- you probably would've guessed this by now" he sat on the stool beside me and looked straight at me "Um-, well" he stuttered "you are suffering through amnesia. It's retrograde amnesia, where you forget the past but remember everything in present. And life is all about new memories. We are still not sure if it's temporary or permanent. But it's a fresh start and everything's gonna be fine. Ok?"

I nodded, of course, I figured out I had amnesia. I didn't know who any of these people were around me, who I really was, or anything else. All my brain could remember was I'm Adelynn Trace and a vague memory of Gunshots and blood.

----------<^>----------

Hey!!! So that's the first chapter. This was kind of the prologue, hence the length. Other chapters will be around 2000 words.

Feel free to point out all the mistakes.

Thank you so much for giving this book a chance