CH6| "When I do something I never thought I would [II]"

It felt like I just stepped into a Dark soul

It felt like I just stepped into a Dark soul. I could feel my heartbeat echoing through the room, and with every step I took, it got louder and louder.

The room was just as big as my room but was heavily cluttered. Wallpapers of smoke and ashes covered the walls.  There was a single-person bed stuck to the left corner of the room. There were bits of paper littered and pieces of black and grey clothing everywhere. The French windows in the room were covered with a thick black velvet cloth. There wasn't a TV or a laptop or anything like that in the room. There weren't any shelves or closets in the room, just a desk beside the bed and a fireplace on the wall in front of the bed.

I started looking around and I kept my ears open for any sound of a footstep. I didn't know what to search for here, this was the moment I started to regret my decision. I carefully walked towards the bed and lifted the blanket. I saw a plain black notebook with a quotation written on its cover with white ink. I picked up the notebook and whispered the quotation to myself. 

THE WORDS U USED TO APOLOGIZE COULD'VE TOUCHED MY HEART

BUT IT DIDN'T

BECAUSE OF THE WORDS U USED TO HURT ME IN THE FIRST PLACE,

IT WAS ALREADY FALLEN APART"

I didn't understand what it meant, but I could make it out it was either something deep or something mindless. 

I kept the notebook back where it was, and started walking towards the mirror beside the bed. The mirror surprisingly wasn't black but it was bordered with black paint. It had black fingermarks on it at places. I stepped closer to the mirror but the sound of someone's footsteps stopped me.

Multiple voices started taking over my mind-

You can hide

Nope, you gotta leave the room

What if you get caught sneaking out

But out of all the voices, one voice was the most dominant, the one which said-

You didn't find the reason why Darren's this way

I probably was gonna regret this decision but I still made it

I  picked up the black notebook I found under the blanket and on my tip-toes walked towards the door.  I took a little peak, and no one was there but I could still hear the footsteps. I quickly got out of Darren's room, Hiding the notebook behind me just in case anyone shows up out of the blue, I hurriedly walked towards my room.

I opened the door of my room and quickly stepped inside. Shutting my door, I leaned towards the door taking a shivering breath. The sound of footsteps came closer but unexpectedly, it stopped as I heard a knock on my door.

My heartbeat never stopped racing but now it was racing faster than ever. I took a quivering breath 

"Who-o," I asked trying to stop stuttering